“Lunch in Portland”
Review of Old Port Sea Grill

Old Port Sea Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Port Sea Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 627 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Custom House St.
Description: TO VIEW OUR CURRENT MENU, please visit our website. The Old Port Sea Grill, opened in the fall of 2002, is located in the heart of Portland's historic Old Port district. Our modern interior features a custom concrete bar, a large lounge area and a dining room that can accommodate up to 60 guests and features a 250 gallon salt water fish tank. Our seafood driven menu focuses on a variety of local and imported fresh fish and shellfish, with an emphasis on east coast cold water oysters and other raw bar offerings. We pair that with a food-friendly wine list, local craft-style beers on draft and an extensive cocktail program to make for an exciting dining experience.
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Cocktails, calamari appetizer were great - the lobster roll was a little expensive for the taste, size was good for two to split with the appetizer and side dish

Oldportseagrill, General Manager at Old Port Sea Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I've actually never had a worse dining experience, I literally left the place angry?! I got a fried clam plate for around $20ish dollars, and I got a plate that couldn't even feed a small rodent. Do NOT trust these people with your money, I'm never going back and telling friends.

Oldportseagrill, General Manager at Old Port Sea Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hi, Nick - I believe you may have the wrong restaurant. We do not currently serve fried clams and have not served them since last summer.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Our hotel staff recommended this restaurant to us. We thanked them for the recommendation. We were very pleased with the quality and quantity of the food and great service. Our server, Devon, did a great job waiting on us. The chowder and fish n chips were delicious.

Oldportseagrill, General Manager at Old Port Sea Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you for stopping in, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Maine!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We love Portland and love the shops and restaurants.
It’s a great city to walk in and with all the quaint shops and a wide variety amazing restaurants.
It’s scenic and casual.
This time we went to Old Port Sea Grill. It was a Saturday night and we did not have a wait. There’s is a beautiful fish tank to watch if there was a wait.
The portions are perfect, the food is amazing!
I had the fish and chips, and my friend had the maple glazed salmon.
The decor and atmosphere fit perfectly on the Portland waterfront.

You will not be disappointed.

Oldportseagrill, General Manager at Old Port Sea Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

I am so glad you stopped in Saturday night! Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you on your next visit!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Went to the Old Port Sea Grill for New Years Eve dinner and was pleasantly surprised with the quality and quantity of food and the service. I generally don't recommend judging a restaurant on a major holiday because they are usually under the gun -- but I have no complaints about the service, food or value. I had the braised lamb - delicious and very tender! You could cut it with a spoon. My wife had seared halibut and she thought it was the best she has had in a long time. Maybe the extreme cold was the reason, but the restaurant wasn't nearly as busy as I expected. We had reservations for 7:30 but were seated by 7:15. Stopped at the bar for a drink and the bartender was very good.

Oldportseagrill, General Manager at Old Port Sea Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

I am so glad you joined us to celebrate New Years Eve and that you had a wonderful experience. We love our chef, and our servers/bartenders love taking care of our guests. Thank you for coming in, and I hope to see you again in the near future! Happy 2018 to you!