“Great food & friendly waiters”

DiMillo's on the Water
Ranked #51 of 617 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$9 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant actually floats, and because it is surrounded by water, every table offers spectacular views of Portland Harbor. Our outside decks are great spots to see the sights while enjoying a meal or cocktail. Maine lobster is what we do here and we do it better than anyone.
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

This was our 3rd time here. I had something different every time. This time was the seafood scampi and French onion soup. The onions were caramelized to perfection making the soup very good.
The scampi had the perfect portions of shrimp, scallops & lobster in it.
The thing that stood out most was the service. Our waitress was very attentive and knew her stuff. I can't remember her name so I can't give her the gratitude she deserves. So if you happen to read this I'm the Packers fan who was dining with my mother and sister outside on the side deck. You did an outstanding job.
We'll be back next year on our family vacation and will be dining at DiMillo's again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,520)

Reviewed 26 August 2017

This restaurant provides a fantastic experience that leverages everything you love about Portland in the summer - beautiful weather to enjoy a great meal "al fresco". Weather permitting, it's worth it to wait for a table on the deck (the restaurant floats after all), to enjoy the beautiful waterside scenery.

The service was friendly of course - exactly what you would expect from the great folks in Maine. Recommended dish? Lobster rolls of course! Our server was quick to point out that our tasty rolls were "sleeping in the bay last night" You can't get fresher than that, and you could certainly taste it!

Simply put, if you want to ensure an excellent experience while in Portland, DiMillo's gives you the scenery, the fresh air, the pleasant people and of course, the food. Definitely on our list for our next trip to Portland. Oh, and they validate parking as well ;)

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Great food with great atmosphere. We had fried clams and fennel encrusted salmon. Both were really good. If and when we return to Portland, we would eat here again and probably have the same items. That says it all.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had great visit here. Food was delicious, our waiter was so friendly, he even put on our lobster bibs for us!!! Can't beat the atmosphere!!!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I am allergic to shellfish and so I had to order a hamburger because they could not guarantee me that the fish would be safe to eat because of shared cooking methods. This was the BEST hamburger that I have ever eaten! The others in our party ordered fish and shellfish and they loved their meals as well. They have delicious coleslaw here too and my hard to find in a restaurant wine from Portugal was even available so I love DiMillo's and will return in the future! Yummy!