“Best Japanese in Portland”
Review of Miyake

Miyake
Ranked #45 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

The food is great . Hamiyake and Sword fish are must haves.

The rib eye was just OK , over cooked , but Duck great (medium rare )

Sake selection is good.

Service could have been better by support staff.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The four course tasting menu offers everything you could possibly want. My husband and I ordered different dishes and each was a delight. The service was perfect: timely and very informative. We will go back!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Lunch menu is very satisfying and reasonably priced for fresh excellent Japanese sashimi & sushi. I love their miso soup.Fast friendly service in a clean contemporary setting. Great lunch spot.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

We sat at the sushi bar, where an intense but friendly staff worked. The menu is very inventive; ask for explanations of the dishes as it is set out somewhat differently than most places. We had the grilled black cod which was grilled over charcoal right before us and was sublime. Chirashi sushi was very typical and lovely. And among the many inventive rolls, we had a ceviche one that was great. Try the yuzu lemonade which I loved and am going to try to duplicate at home.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Lovely, spacious room with small sushi bar. Friendly, well informed staff. Now to the exceptionable food. Most tables order chef's omakase (several chef selected courses), or chef's moriawase (sushi or sashimi selection). We chose to order a la carte, and so glad we did. I know my fish, so 5 orders sashimi and 3 pieces sushi, all divine. Moving on to hot dishes, my husband loved the crab cake, and I loved the sea urchin with melted mascarpone cheese. Last course was lobster roll (maki). Better than any regular lobster and bun.

2  Thank Lori L