“Best View For Dinner!”

Ranked #38 of 100 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Imagine eating a meal that offers amazing flavors in every single bite. Now imagine that same meal taking place while watching the waves of the Atlantic Ocean softly crash on the coast all in an intimate and cozy atmosphere. This is what MC Perkins Cove offers its diners every time they visit. MC Perkins Cove offers a unique upscale, yet casual atmosphere that makes for a great intimate setting for those on a date or a relaxing dinner for those visiting the Ogunquit area. Head chefs, Mark Gaier and Clark Frasier consistently serve fresh, delicious, and unique dishes that are sure to take your taste buds on a journey from first to last bite. All of the dishes are made with only the freshest and highest quality ingredients. MC Perkins Cove offers a raw bar, lounge, two bars, two beautiful dining rooms, and a private dining room all overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Dine with us at MC Perkins Cove for lunch or dinner and enjoy a meal and view that will not be quickly forgotten.
Reviewed 7 July 2016

We had dinner here on our last night in Ogunquit. We were lucky to be seated at a table directly near the windows overlooking the water, the view can not be beat! Amazing - completely made this the most romantic dinner of the weekend. We ordered the 'fish of the day' and it was also incredible. Great atmosphere, excellent spot for a 'date night' - highly recommend that you make a reservation and ask for a window table. You will not be disappointed, trust me on this. Excellent service, too - we had three people attending our table during our dinner visit.

Date of visit: July 2016
Javier N, Manager at MC Perkins Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

We're so glad you could come by for date night! I'm thrilled to hear everything from the food to the view was a hit with you guys, and we truly appreciate you taking some time to let us know. It's an honor to earn your recommendation, and we hope it won't be too long until we can welcome you back!

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I dined at MC Perkins this evening and were very disappointed. We were told that you couldn't vacation in Ogunquit without going to MC Perkins. Other than the decent view, the menu choices and the food are just barely average. We definitely would not recommend this venue to anyone!

Date of visit: July 2016
Javier N, Manager at MC Perkins Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2016

Rosanne, I'm so disappointed the menu wasn't a hit with you, and I apologize we let you down. Please know, we're always happy to prepare anything to one's preference, and I hope you were able to let your server know so we could get the issue corrected. If there's any chance we can make this right with you, I hope you'll join us again so we can we can offer you a better time.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

I feel awful about giving an average review to a restaurant with such great waitstaff, but the food was disappointing. The littleneck clams were average and the fried haddock sandwich was overly fried with little fish between the crunchy crust. Everything else was just OK. Worth coming here for service and fabulous view.

Date of visit: July 2016
Javier N, Manager at MC Perkins Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2016

We're so disappointed we let you down with the food, and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Please know, we're always happy to get anything corrected on the spot, and I hope you were able to let your server know your meal was lacking. Even so, we're truly sorry it was a miss! If there's any chance we can make this right with you, I hope we can look forward to seeing you in the future for a better time. Until then -- take care!

Reviewed 25 June 2016

We have enjoyed MC so many times since Mark and Clark opened. One of our favorite restaurants on the planet. Returned 6/18 expecting the usual exceptional food. My husband and I ordered the daily special fish - Flounder with Beurre Blanc. When the plates arrived, his fish looked perfect, mine gray, slimy, raw...unacceptable. Our waitress (lovely and charming) returned it to the kitchen. When someone from the kitchen brought it back, the fish was white, not gray, but undercooked (still almost translucent) and so watery that the sauce was diluted and tasteless. I'm almost certain the fish was not flounder on either plate (as it was served in pieces and far too thick to be flounder). I was shocked...particularly since Clark was in the kitchen. I do hope Mark & Clark will notice recent reviews and make corrections as I would be heartbroken to have to line MC off my list of favorite dining spots. And, curiously, when we left at 8:20, there was absolutely no one at the bar and half the tables (all full when we arrived) were empty. Quite odd on a Saturday night. The good news is that our salads and desserts were exceptional.

Date of visit: June 2016
Javier N, Manager at MC Perkins Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

I'm so disappointed we let you down, and I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Especially as you're no stranger to what we have to offer here, we'd truly hate to lose you, and we hope we can make this right. An exceptional dining experience is what you should always expect from us, and we're determined to restore your faith in our menu. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

I went there for my anniversary tonight. They gave us a window table for our anniversary, which was amazing. Our waitress was great. Unfortunately not all the food was close to where our should have been. I ordered the muscles appetizer which was excellent. My wife ordered the beef tenderloin, medium. It came out VERY rare. She had cut it into 4 or 5 pieces...they just put it under the broiler and brought out the same pieces which were now well done. At $42, that is not what I expected. They offered to make her a new one but it was to late already. I ordered the duck which was just ok...nothing spectacular. For the prices, I would not go back.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank customer37

We're so disappointed we let you down, especially as you were celebrating your anniversary. Though we're happy the view and appetizers were excellent, I apologize your entrees weren't more of a hit with you. If there's any chance we can make this right, we hope we can welcome you back for a better time. Thank you for the feedback!

Javier, General Manager

Been to MC Perkins Cove? Share your experiences!