“Dinner”
Review of On The Marsh

On The Marsh
Reserve with OpenTable
On The Marsh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Price range: US$10 - US$39
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 9
Transit: On the Marsh Bistro is a destination restaurant and can offer recommended taxi service in the local area serving the Hotels and Inns.
Description: On the Marsh Bistro resides in a converted barn and farmhouse circa 1800 on 3 acres of plantings alongside a tidal salt marsh. Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, James Beard Presenter 2011, NECN Platinum Plate, Voted Most Romantic and one of the top ten restaurants in Maine. Great for European style Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners and Corporate Meetings. Try The Owner's Table or Our most Romantic Table #16, tucked away in a quiet corner. You will be dining in a captivating interior with Antiques, Collectibles and Art, all available for purchase. "It is around the table that friends and family best understand the warmth of being together..." Denise Rubin, Proprietress
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Fabulous restaurant with great food and service. A definite place to dine while you’re visiting the southern maine area in the Kennebunks.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I cannot say enough about this place! My husband and I both agreed it was the best lunch we had during our stay in Kennebunkport. The food was delicious, priced well, the staff was courteous and attentive, and the place itself is full of character. My husband had the lobster BLT and I had the turkey club. The fries were wonderful. We had no room for dessert but did peek, and the selection was very good. This place is a keeper and we will be back!

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Have always passed by On the Marsh and had thought of It only as a wedding venue. Totally surprised that It was a gorgeous dining experience! The interior and exterior are beautifully designed and I loved exploring all the spaces. We were lucky that we had the manager Steve as our attendant for the evening! He really displayed amazing customer service all night. I want to give Helen a shout out too! She was the first person we met and was so gracious.
The food was good, but not great. The hit of the evening was the lobster stew and the lobster risotto. I got the vegetable risotto and added scallops. It was quite expensive and probably not worth the pricing.
The craziest thing is that they don’t take Amex!! We discussed with Steve and hopefully that will be reconsidered.
All in all, an expensive, but beautiful night.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

A perfect, quaint, charming and beautiful place with WONDERFUL food.
Recommended by friends , we enjoyed our time on the marsh and hope to go back again
next summer when we visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I get it. Amex has a higher transaction fee for the business than Visa and Mastercard and many businesses protest by not accepting it. I'm OK with that when it is part of a restaurant's effort to economize for the purpose of keeping prices low. But when, as in this case, entrees average $40 and they charge $14 for an Old Fashioned cocktail, I don't buy it. Special occasion place indeed. Some of the food is sensationally good, a lobster stew appetizer in particular. The $14 Old Fashioned was very good. But the pasta with seafood was not that special (except for the scrumptious scallops), and the pork chop special (with a very nice sauce) did not solve the dryness problem endemic to the lean pork which seems to unavoidable these days. The atmosphere is great, managing to be casual and elegant at the same time. The upstairs dining room is more elegant but I was happy to be seated in the lower floor bar because that is where they had live cocktail piano. Great server.