“"Great food, relaxed environment"”
Review of Four Seasons

Four Seasons
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Jackman
Cuisines: American
Description: (207) 668-7778
Description: (207) 668-7778
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We ate here on a brief visit to Jackman. We got together with family for dinner. It's been remodeled since the last time we'd been there and it looks great. The service was very good. Our poor waitress was the only one, but she kept up with everything. The food was delicious, portions were large and prices were reasonable. Overall, we had a wonderful experience. Jackman is such a quiet, friendly town. Four Seasons was a nice place to enjoy a delicious meal in a comfortable, homey environment. We'll definitely eat here again.

1  Thank Kelly P

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We had lunch here on Sept 17. It was crowded and there was only one wait person for the entire restaurant area (the lounge had more). The food was OK, but not memorable. There must be better places in Jackman!

1  Thank DavidandGee
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

On our drive from Quebec City to Blue Hill Maine, we stopped here for lunch. We did not expect much, just some food. I had a burger and my wife had chili. The burger had a nice caramelization and after a couple of bites, concluded that it was hand-packed and very fresh! I commented to our server that it was very good and she said that it is ground every morning. I was impressed! My wife liked her chili, comfort food for her.

For a little town on the way to somewhere, it was a very good lunch! Good job!

1  Thank Iamalpha
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We decided to go here for an early dinner as we were leaving Jackman after a camping trip. We had a party of 16. It was the Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

We entered the restaurant and asked the young waitress where we could sit, she stated we could sit anywhere, so we asked if we could have tables put together so we can eat as a family, but she stated they could not move the tables for us.... we sat at three booths and a table.

Immediately after sitting, my nephew was at a table and they had a neon "specials" sign sitting on the table (not hanging on the wall above the table, where it should have been, out of the way), the cord wrapped around his leg as he went to get up and caused the very large sign to fall on the table in front of him. Our waitress who was taking our drink order stated "Oh great!, oh great" Seriously?? He could have been hurt and your reply was "Oh great"!! I was furious! .The sign obviously had fallen before and instead of them securing it to the wall they leaned it on the table against the wall again!!
The older waitress taking our order came back to take our drink order and my fiance asked what they had on tap. She rudely stated "I have nothing to do with that, you have to go to the lounge" The Four Seasons has a lounge and you cant take an order for a beer and bring it over???

My fiancee and his brother went to the lounge to get a beer, she came back to my table less than five minutes later and clearly saw two people were gone (out of a table of four) and she asked if we were ready to order. I almost laughed, no, clearly we were waiting on half our table!...her response was "well we need to put the orders in, they're going to the kitchen now" WHAT?! I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing. How disgustingly rude.
I told her that was fine and we will wait until my table was ready. She sighed and walked away. When my fiance came back I told him what she had told me and he could not even believe it.
On top of that, also at our table was my fiances cousin, who didn't have room to sit at his parents table so he sat with us. When he went to order he asked if he could be put on his moms bill, where the same waitress told him no! She said they do not split tabs here! She said the orders go to the grill by table and it was impossible for them to split it. Unreal. You refuse to put tables together for a large family, then when kids don't have room to sit with their parents you tell them you cant put them on their parents tab???

While this was all going on with our older waitress, apparently things were not better with the young waitress at our larger table (there were only two waitress by the way).
We had a young child with us, and when we asked for a booster seat she said "they're over there" as if she couldn't possibly be bothered to get a high chair. The fact that we even had to ask for one was a red flag.
Also at this table, coffee was ordered by a member of our party and she gave it to him black with no cream or sugar. He had to ask her THREE TIMES for creamer, by the third time of him asking her, she brought it over and actually threw it on the table so hard creamer cups fell out of the cup! How incredibly rude!!

At that point we decided we were not going to put up with such rude and miserable waitresses and we got up and left. I have never had to leave a restaurant due to such horrible service before, and this was all before we even got our food! I cant imagine people actually sitting through a meal with those waitresses!

As we got up to leave there was another party of diners that stopped us and said they were treated very rudely as well. They had children with them and they could hear the kitchen cooks swearing all throughout their meal to the point where they actually had to ask the waitress to tell them to stop swearing!!!!

We asked to speak to a manager and the waitresses told us he was not there. We asked to speak to whoever was in charge and they sent us a line cook.

We went down the road and stopped at a trading post where we told the cashier what terrible service we just experienced and she said its not the first time she had heard similar complaints!

DO NOT GO TO THE FOUR SEASONS UNLESS YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE WORST SERVICE IMAGINABLE!!!!!!

1  Thank karamc642
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We stop here everytime we come to Jackman. They have remodeled somce the last time we had been up so they have lost a bit of the kitschy feel but the food is just as good. Down home cooking, reasonable prices, large servings. The steak tips fed me for two dinners and a lunch. Would definitelyrecommend this place. They have a full bar out back that seemed to be popular.