“Cute”

Mama Bears Den
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Jackman
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

It's ok, the staff is great. Breakfast is the better meal to have here. Clientele was hunters, the waitress seemed overwhelmed but was friendly and efficient. Prices are good.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

A honest friendly place literally in the middle of nowhere on the road that Benedict Arnold took on his winter march to take Quebec in 1775. Nice simple breakfasts served by nice people who say things like "I never met a girl who goes down river (translation - goes down south) as often as she does." I'm a history buff and hearing phrases like that made me enjoy my pancakes even more!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Food was great and the service was friendly. If I had any complaints at all, it would be that we had to ask for a second cup of coffee.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We came for breakfast and almost immediately my 3 1/2 year old was scolded by the waitress for HOLDING a creamer. We should have just turned around and left then but didn't because we were so hungry. Our eggs/ omelets were good but I got the worst pancake I had in my life, it was dry and crumbly and I couldn't even finish it. We only had two sets of silverware so I asked for another and the waitress made it seem like there couldn't possibly have only been 2 sets, I must have done something with it. A few minutes later my daughter dropped her fork and I didn't even want to deal with the attitude of the waitress when asking for another, I just gave her mine. We will definitely not be back.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

My husband said his lobster roll was excellent. I can't eat shellfish, allergic, so I chose the special of the day, shepherds pie. The meat didn't smell right. Who can normally smell the meat in shepherds pie? The corn was canned and the mashed potatoes on top were not home made and tasted as if they came from a box mix? It was inedible but the waitress did not reduce the price so for 10.95 I got 2 slices of garlic bread and a side of Cole slaw, which tasted fine.