“On the list”

Flexit Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #8 of 72 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Soups
Description: Flexit offers a wide range of sandwiches, soups, salads, and baked goods featuring a range of options for traditionalists, adventurous foodies, vegans, and gluten-free diners. Flexit produces fresh juice and real fruit smoothies, as well as excellent coffee from Coffee By Design, a micro-roaster in Portland, ME. Our service is friendly and efficient. Customers order at the counter and then food is delivered to their table. The setting is bright and comfortable, with tables, couches, outdoor seating, and free Wi-Fi.
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a late lunch and two of our regular choices were not open. Now Flexit is on the list! I had the salad of the day. Fresh spinach with blue cheese, bacon, sweet pecans and pleasant dressing. My wife had 1/2 turkey sandwich and creamy mushroom soup. We shared a fruit cup. Everything was much better tasting than average. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. You order at the counter, take your number, and are served at your table. Most customers took their dishes to the bussing cart. There is a tip jar at the counter.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

This café is located right off the road which makes it easy to stop for a quick bite to eat. They offer a very healthy menu with lots of options for wraps, sandwiches and salads. We took ours to go.

I got the quinoa salad with the chicken salad (she looked at me weird when I ordered but great combo!) and my mom got the pulled pork w/ pineapple panini (the special that day). I’m not a huge panini fan but hers was very good!!

Lots of options for teas and coffees. There’s even a cute boutique to shop in while you wait.

If you’re looking for something healthy and local - great spot!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018

I eat here often alone and with my family (which includes babies, toddlers, teens, young adults, all the way up to senior citizens. They have a great variety of soups, sandwiches, salads, coffees, teas, desserts and more. Friendly services and reasonable prices. So whether shopping, touring or visiting the area stop by for a snack or a meal you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Once the Maine Grind, now “Flexit” (a pity imo), this is a convenient stop for leg stretch, restroom, excellent coffee and nice sandwiches and pastries. The location, as much as the food etc., makes it a perfect place to stop on our way Downeast - it’s just off Route 1 on High Street and super convenient, with plenty of parking in the back.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

This busy cafe has excellent food and service. I frequent there often and I’m never let down. The food is very fresh.

Date of visit: September 2018