“The best Thai in the immediate area”
Review of Thai Sana

Thai Sana
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed 6 July 2018

This is the only remaining Thai place in town since the Bangkok went under. The food is quite good for the area--nothing that dreams are made of, but the place is clean but I can't say much for the decor. Thai Sana is MUCH better than the Siam Orchid in Bar Harbor. The two Thai places in Belfast are slightly better but not worth the trip.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

From the reviews we thought we'd give to a try. It was quiet when we arrived and we had to stand there at the door for awhile until someone came out and told us to sit where we want. That's okay, it's a small place and was it ever cold inside! In fact another group of women that arrived later complained about it and they just shrugged their shoulders. Anyway on to the waitress, an older women, she barely acknowledged us. My wife asked her opinion of two salads and she immediately recommended the larb, so my wife ordered it. She was asked how spicy and my wife told her medium. Then I ordered Tom Kha soup, and drunken noodle, then the waitress asked my wife what she wanted??? The soup came out and it was delicious, full of vegetables and chicken in a very flavorful broth. My wife's salad came at the same time and it was good, crisp, bright and not the slightest bit spicy. Then my noodles came out after the chef? carried it out and while holding it had a conversation with another customer that just came in? He was friendly and my noodles were good, nice flavor, plenty of it, and he came back to see if we liked everything. The waitress was short and unfriendly to the table of 3 women near us as well, so I think it is her not us. All in all, the food was pretty good, the service was strange, the place was cold with them not attempting to make anyone comfortable, and we would not go back. I really felt the food was maybe a little above average Thai but that's it.

1  Thank WBB67
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We really enjoy Thai cuisine, and have to say that the many meals we have had at Thai Sana are always of high quality. The ambience is low key, but clean and orderly. Service is swift and efficient.

We normally avoid crab rangoon however the light, crispy packages served here are filled with a delightfully creamy and savory curry and crab filling. So flavorful. The menu includes familiar Thai appetizers, soups and salads, traditional noodle dishes like Pad Thai and Drunken noodle, a variety of savory curries, and many other dishes and specialties at reasonable prices and well portioned. We've sampled many of the dishes here, and each time we are served plates with the freshest ingredients having a perfectly seared or grilled quality with most enjoyable flavors. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

My family likes this place and I would write a negetive review if this wasn't repeatedly a problem: very hot food is put directly into styrofoam containers for to-go orders. This is the third time I found that my food was on a melted surface and tasted like plastic. A toxic bummer. I called to tell them and the person I spoke with not not very concerned. He offered to cook it again but I was no longer in town. No other offer to make it right. They should switch to less polluting containers or use foil for liners. We will not be back until they upgrade.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is unpretentious... as far as our experience, the appetizers and the entrees were all very nuanced, wonderful offerings. We go to Manhattan a few times a year and... this chef is comparable!!! We are excited to be able to go back and try more!!!