“Top Ten Coffee Shops”

Maine Coast Book Shop and Cafe
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

When I visit Maine this is one of the places I always have to visit. The bookstore may be my favorite, but having a well staffed and enjoyable coffee house with it is a five star plus. Nice sitting inside or out, always good.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

The coffeeshop allows you to linger as long as you like. In my case I was waiting for the Concord bus to arrive a few feet down the street. There are big picture windows so theoretically you could sit here all day. There is free wifi too! They offer espresso drinks and regular coffees. Service is friendly. The bookstore is even better. The employees were eager to help me locate an obscure Norwegian writer. They appeared to have a large collection of children's books and plenty of chotchkes as well as maps and souvenirs. Loved it.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Confession - I'm a bibliophile. Give me second-hand books, library loans, borrowed books, or a book store to peruse, and I'm a happy camper. Put me in an independent book store and I'm in heaven! In Damariscotta, heaven is on Main Street. Having a well-stocked book store in the area where I am vacationing is such a bonus!
There is also a coffee cafe inside the book stars.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I like the drinks, and there are some unique sandwiches in the cafe attached to a nice, welcoming bookstore. highlights include that the bookstore allows dogs, and pretty much anybody. the cafe, which is & cafe, is called the ampersand cafe, which i find clever. Also, there is a board in the cafe where people can pay for items like coffees and sandwiches that they wiull not consume. Then a note is placed on the board, so if you need a break in the cafe, and are short of cash, you can grab one of the posted notes and have yourself a pre-paid treat.The sandwiches are a bit expensive, but good. I recommend egg based ones.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Well- you can't eat in the bookstore, but it is connected. The cafe has good sandwich, snack, and drink options. Reasonably priced. The bookstore is great- a bargain section, nice overall selection, and staff picks.