12 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$1,690
Hotels.comUS$1,690
FindHotelUS$1,690
1,852 results
All reviews crescent beach sea glass garden suite dogs are allowed fire pit off season beautiful property spa services ocean view state park turn down service living area maine coast short drive the entire staff new england full kitchen
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2021

Dog friendly place with class. We stayed for 5 days. My teenage kids didn’t want to leave. The 2 bedroom cove unit was perfect for our family. My kids felt so relaxed and were fine with just hanging out. They never said, I’m bored Dad, what are we doing today? They just went with the flow. Our dogs loved it too. Will definitely go back soon.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rauni Kew, Other at Inn by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Dear Dan5355:

Thank you for brining your family to the Inn- we are delighted to hear that both the teens and your family pups all enjoyed the Cove suites, so do hope that means you will return soon! Thank you for visiting!

Warm wishes

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

I love that our room faces the ocean and that we can just go out and walk to the beach. I also love it more because our little Ranger met so many other dogs in the hotel. He also enjoyed walking all around the beautiful property with scattered benches, firepits and of course the path to the beach. I think that the restaurant is very good as well. I do think that the property needs some updating with the decor as it appears to be getting dated. We had a good stay in the hotel but would not consider this a "destination" hotel.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jmrmd
Reviewed 28 May 2021

We just returned from another amazing stay at the Inn by the Sea. From the minute we arrived ( with our dog, Sophie) until departure, everything was perfect! We stayed in a cove suite - loved sitting on the porch for cocktails in the afternoon. The staff goes out of their way to make guests feel welcome and to accommodate requests. Mark was very helpful with dinner arrangements one evening. We love the setting and the comfortable charm of this lovely place. It is well worth the 9 hour drive from home!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rauni Kew, Other at Inn by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2021

Dear Lenore C:

Many thanks for making the long 9 hour drive to visit us at the Inn! We appreciate your loyalty to the Inn and are delighted you enjoy the relaxed ambiance and seaside setting. Many thanks for the great review and for visiting. Please come back soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 28 May 2021

I read the glowing reviews and put this on my bucket list, but was hideously disappointed. I should have looked at some of the negative comments and been forewarned. Sky high prices for a mediocre room without a view. Noisy to boot. Staff seemed like they were doing you a favor...and they didn't really want to do it. Everything was very grudging. Cape Elizabeth is nice for one day. It's rural/suburban. There's basically no where else to eat other than the hotel's mediocre, overpriced restaurant. You can take pictures of a couple lighthouses and stroll around some parks with some nice structures. There's a couple lobster shacks. Trust me, for what you pay you can do much, much better. And if you spend more than a day here, you'll regret it.

Dear Harry D:

We are very sorry to learn we did not meet your, or our expectations, on delivering a truly wonderful guest experience to each and every visitor to the Inn. Apologies for missing the mark on your stay at the beach. Please call me directly if you would like to discuss your visit further, I would be happy to speak with you.

Best regards

Reviewed 28 May 2021

Our recent stay at Inn by the Sea, May 2021, was perfection. The Inn, the grounds and the view were absolutely beautiful. It is simply a masterpiece. The service was incredible and always accommodating. I cannot wait to return!