“Amazing food!”

Price range: US$30 - US$50
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The tasting menu allows the chef to showcase her amazing food. The duck dish and dumplings were incredible as was almost everything else that was served. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

With many ok-to-decent-ish restaurants in Brunswick it was such a pleasure to discover Tao, and the internationally acclaimed chef Cara Stadler. We have been many times now, and everything from the inventive menu combining local ingredients with chinese tradition into a fusion I had never experienced,to the excellent service, to the easy going yet clean and attractive ambience, to the major highlight which is the quality and attention to food and every detail, is excellent. Highly recommend trying everything if possible! Tasting menu is great, but if you order off the menu they recommend 4 items per person, as the dishes are small. We have huge eyes (not as huge stomaches) so we order 10 dishes for our party of 2 usually. One item we never pass over is the amazing asian slaw. It's perfect. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 1 February 2018

The chef wins awards. When you eat there, you'll know why. We took my son there for dinner. He said it was the best meal he's ever had in his life. The Chef's tasting menu is expensive, but involves a surprising amount of food, of a variety and complexity that is astounding. The dishes have often a "local flavor", involving oysters, clams, vegetables, poultry, fish and beef from local, usually organic sources. This is the most exquisite restaurant in Brunswick for sheer complexity and innovation in the menu offerings.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

My husband and I went to dinner on New Year's eve and we were blown away by everything. We had the tasting menu with a wine pairing, and every single course was amazing, there was not one bad thing. The dessert was not something I would have chosen, but I was surprised at how much I liked it (a lot). I was really impressed at how well the restaurant was running on a very busy night, but it looked like everyone around us was just as happy as we were. I would recommend trying the tasting menu, but honestly, everything they serve is delicious.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

This was our 1st visit to Tao Yaun, and we were excited about the Tasting Menu. I am a strict lacto-vegetarian, so I also do not eat foods that contain eggs. Often I have very few choices when dining out. With enough notice (24-48 hours), Tao Yaun can create a Tasting Menu meal specific to food allergies. They did a beautiful job providing for all 4 of us at the table, with special plates just for me when meats or seafood were served to the others.

We all found the foods unique, unbelievably tasty, creative and sufficient overall, despite the smaller portions. That's because there are so many courses....I think we counted 9 or so, plus 2 courses for dessert! And the pace of our meal was perfect, with short periods of "rest" to savor our experience....never rushed, and not too lagging either. We were there for about 2.5 hours.

Some of the items on the Tasting Menu are also on the fixed-price menu. I would love to go back and order from the fixed menu, now that I have sampled so many of their offerings. Service is fine, atmosphere is comfortable and pleasing. But again, if you have special dietary needs, reservations are a must.