US$944
US$416
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa(Playa Maroma)
US$475
Hotels.com
Kin Sol Soleil(Playa Maroma)
US$360
US$323
US$467
US$436
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Amarte Hotel(Playa Maroma)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$57
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

US$508
US$427
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$382
US$336
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$230
8,617 results
All reviewsprivileged guestsprivileged sectiontio pedroprivileged roomstapas restaurantprivileged upgradeprivilege roomprivileged beacheuropean guestscrepesgreat beachjuice bara la carte restaurantsanimation teambeach barmain buffetlobby buffet
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We recently stayed March 20th through the 26th. We booked through Priceline and paid to upgrade to Privileged. When we arrived we were told that we had a garden view room. I showed the staff member my itinerary showing I had paid to upgrade to Privileged. She called the hotels reservation staff and they stated we did not upgrade. We asked to talk to the manager. He offered us a privileged room without any other privileged benifits. We ended up downgrading our room to get the other benifits. It was not a very good beginning but ended up being a wonderful vacation. The activity staff really made it fun. We went to their shows on the nights they had them and enjoyed them very much. The bartenders at the swim up bar were the best and we had a lot of fun with them too. I thought the food was good. My favorite was the Japanese restaurant. We liked eating at the Mexican restaurant too. The grounds are beautiful and staff works very hard to keep it up. I loved the Coati that lined the path when we walked back from the buffet. The one thing I didn't like was being approached by the people trying to talk you into joining their vacation club. I would definitely go back!!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank mombubble
Catalonia_Caribbean, General Manager at Catalonia Playa Maroma, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Dear guest,

We appreciate the time you took to write this review regarding your recent stay at Catalonia it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests. I will share your review with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your feedback.

Your comments will mean the world to us and will make our future guests benefit from your positive experience.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My husband and I stayed 7 nights March 2018. I have been to 6 other hotels near Playa Del Carmen in the past and this one was the best. I felt the staff took really good care to make sure all food and surroundings were sanitized and clean. The staff was all very friendly and took pride in making the guests happy. We chose the Privileged package and for the small extra fee I think it was worth it to have the extra dinner and lunch options also you have access to another beach with more beach beds and a beach butler. The buffet was very good. I think the bread and pastries were hand made at the hotel. Lots of fresh fruit and salads. The Japanese restaurant was slow and the food not as good as we are used to here in MN for Japanese. Also the Tapa's restaurant that only upgraded Privileged guests can go to wasn't very good either. The Italian and steak house was very good. For entertainment the staff did a lot better than other hotels I have been too. I loved the Beatles show. That is a must see. The beach did have seaweed. The staff try very hard to get it cleaned up. It is a small irritation but does not ruin the beautiful beach. There is a long walk to the buffet from most rooms.If you have a physical issue this could be a problem. I loved how they have left the jungle intact and have animals such as Coati's and Iguana's roaming around! I have never repeated the same hotel but my husband and I agreed we will be going back to this one!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CarolMN411

Dear guest,

Your comments will mean the world to us and will make our future guests benefit from your experience.

We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The good:
Food and drinks.
Beach is spectacular...you can walk for miles! Tons of beach chairs and beds with shade and sun. No need to play the towel game. (Pool was much busier and harder to get spots.)
Most staff were really sweet and helpful.

The room for improvement:
Rooms in our building were dated and need to be updated.
Lobby needs some evening entertainment! 2 evenings had live music but otherwise it was the same elevator music that repeated over and over again. We were there over Christmas and heard Auld Lang Syne at least 20 times.
Get a reservation system! Many times we gave up trying to get in to the restaurants as we were told it would be an hour or more.

One issue - we were in Building 3 which backs on to the Secrets Maroma theatre. Just about to fall asleep as their rock show or evening entertainment started and it was like were were in the front row! If you like to get to bed early, ask for a building on the even side as the odd #'s back onto Secrets. It wasn't every night but it was a surprise....it was quiet after 10pm. I will say that Building 3 was centrally located between the beach and main building though.

Likely wouldn't go back as there are so many other places to check out but would recommend for a relatively inexpensive vacation on Maroma beach with good food, drink and service

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank OntarioHopper

Dear guest,

We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great place to stay for a hassle free relaxing holiday with good food, great service. Kids loved it! I liked al the options for eating. It was our first all inclusive and we will go again. Many people we met have came here for a second and third time. We would definitely consider coming back next year.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just returned home from this resort yesterday. To say we were satisfied would be an understatement. We were blown away by this resort! The beach is absolutely beautiful, the rooms, the food, it was heavenly!!
Immediately upon arrival we found out that they had upgraded us to a Priveleged room for free, that was a great perk. We arrived early so our room was not yet ready- no problem. In the meantime everything was explained to us and we were given vouchers for the spa, etc. We were quickly showed around and then taken to the buffet restaurant for a much welcomed lunch. Shortly thereafter our room was ready. We went straight there and the bellboy promptly arrived with our luggage.
Next I will try to break it down for you.

The room: FANTASTIC! Yes, it was a Priveleged room (that we did not pay the upgrade for) so I have no idea what the regular rooms are like but ours was so nice. Newly remodeled. Very clean!! Beautiful stone shower and countertops. A cute towel animal on the bed. Great A/C, great water pressure and hot water, a beautiful large and private balcony, super soft pillows, robes and houseshoes, hair dryer, iron, mini bar restocked daily. Just a great great room. Very impressed!

The maid service: we tipped the cleaning lady a small tip when we arrived. I don't know if that made a difference but our room was spotless, daily!!! She even neatly arranged my shoes, my makeup, everything I had laying around was in perfect order everyday! She truly cleaned it like it was her own home. Everything was spotless and fresh everyday. She even put fresh flowers on our bed. We were very very impressed with this!

The food: I can't begin to tell you how delicious the food was. It was always extremely fresh! The buffet was probably our favorite because there were so so many options! I literally tried so many different kinds of foods. There were tons and tons and tons of choices that were all delicioud. Breakfast lunch and dinner, all have many different fresh options. They will also cook you steak to order any night, as many as you want. And there are bountiful choices of meats vegetables fruits cakes desserts breads side dishes and they always have nachos with chili and cheese. Which was one of my favorites. We absolutely loved the food.
Ask for Amilcar if you can, he was great!! The a la carte restaurants were good too but they don't give you large portions of food. It's more smaller portions like you would receive at a fancy restaurant and you also have to wait 30 mins to an hour some evenings. However, you won't leave hungry. I just prefer variety. The Steakhouse t-bone had exceptional flavor and was cooked perfectly for both my husband and I. The Italian restaurant was good also. But like I said we preferred all the different choices at the buffet.
The drinks: the drinks at all of the bars we found to be very good. They weren't super strong every time but that's understandable considering not everybody likes very strong drinks and also most people are drinking all day. If they made every drink super strong people will be passed out by noon. but they will literally make you anything you ask. If you want a stronger drink, just ask, they did it for me many timws. No problem! And every bartender that we encountered was super friendly and helpful. Many of the drinks were branded alcohol including Beefeater, Malibu, Smirnoff, Etc. The standard beers on tap (and ICE cold!) were Modelo and Corona, both delicious.
The staff: we are so very friendly and helpful!! I cannot stress this enough. The staff were WONDERFUL! If you tip, even a small amount, they get even better! Truly. They were so thankful and they remember you! I don't know how but they do :) And they were all so kind and accomodating.
Any small issue we had was promptly fixed! Amazing.

The only CONS we could see were the salesmen trying to sell you a membership to the Exclusive Traveler Club. The main man, William, seemed to be very pushy and continued to push us and move numbers around even after we said NO. However, after a wasted 2.5 hours there we never had to deal with them again. Thankfully. Steer clear of this. We did get 2 free massages for our time so it wasn't a total loss :)

We will hopefully be returning soon! This was an absolutely fantastic vacation. I cannot express how much I love this resort. It was fun but not full of crazy wild Spring breakers or party types. It was mostly families and couples. But there was entertainment by the pool and great shows every night, but still a very relaxing atmosphere. If you have a hard time deciding pick this one! You will not regret it!
P.S. there was light seaweed on the beach but nothing that ruined it for us. They were out raking and with tractors in the morning. The beach, even with a little seaweed, was STILL the BEST beach around! Hands down!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple