“Fun place to eat and good food, too!”

The Pickled Wrinkle
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Great local pub just outside the Schoodic section of Acadia National Park. Serving local seafood and produce whenever available-Darthia Farm Organic salad greens all summer. Fresh, delicious cocktail specials. Families welcome!
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We were starving when we got there, so we ordered way more food than we normally would have done. Being a little adventurous, we opted to try the "pickled wrinkles" - my husband liked them, I thought they were a little tasteless. However, the fried cheese curds were excellent, as was my haddock hamburger. My husband had a wrap with shrimp and wonderful spices and sauce. We opted for the "house special" onion rings, which were delicious - sliced very thin so vey crispy. My husband had a beer, and it was good as well.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped here after a long day of hiking and it was perfect. They had food for the kids (that they ate), and my husband and I had good food and drinks. A casual atmosphere was what we needed!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

The food was good, atmosphere typical country bar, but with entertainment. Service was great. A nice place to find.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We stopped in on the recommendation of an acquaintance from Bangor and so glad we did. Lots of local color. The food is really good. I had the fried clams and thevwere some of the best I ever had. They were accompanied by garlic mashed potatoes and coleslaw. My wife had the haddock and I had a bite avfound it not greasy and tender and flavorful. My daughter's crab roll was delicious too and it was filled with a huge amount of crabmeat. All in all, a fun place to have lunch. A must when on schooling.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

While visiting Schoodic Peninsula in the Acadia National Park we decided we needed some lunch. Went here on a recommendation and loved it. We ordered the pickled wrinkles for an appetizer because come on the place is named the Pickled Wrinkle. They are a local sea snail that is marinated. Chewy and Cold but not bad. The fish n chips was Haddock which is what it should always be NOT COD!!! My husband had the clam roll and declared it the best he has had. Half way home he said turn around I want another :-)