“Awesome find right in town ”
Review of 22 Broad Street

22 Broad Street
Reserve with OpenTable
22 Broad Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Bethel
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Mountain Explorer (Sunday River Shuttle) service stops directly across the street (in the winter months only).
Description: Authentic Italian food served in an historical setting in an 1868 home. Martini bar, screened in porch and real fireplace. Great for private parties and special occasions.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed this place and glad we went. Kids menu was good and my son loved the pasta and meatball and wanted to go back. The chopped salad was tasty. Had a martini which was very good and decent size. My husband had an eggplant lazanna special which he highly enjoyed. All in all was pleasantly surprised for a great tasty Italian place. Loved the setting as it added to the experience. I would not hesitate to go back

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were three couples who ate here. It was a very busy night and the restaurant was full. With that in mind, we were in no rush and expected to wait for our food. Our waitress however was snippy to the point of being rude. In a bustling restaurant, I had to ask her to repeat herself several times to hear what she was asking and she seemed annoyed that I sincerely couldn't hear her. I understood how busy she was, but a smile or 'how's everyone tonight' doesn't take long. I value that personal service more than the speed of service on a night like that.

The appetizers were excellent as were most of the meals. My pasta dish arrived however with the pasta undercooked. (there's a difference between "toothsome" and crunchy" ) It was returned to the kitchen and came back nicely done. Stuff like that happens on busy nights and it wasn't a big deal.

At the end of the evening, the waitress asked how the bill was divided and when we pointed out who was with whom, she made a snide remark about not being able to figure it out because we had so much. (not a hint of joking)

I have worked in the restaurant industry. The servers are not to blame if the food isn't coming out as expected from the kitchen or if there's a problem with the food. They are however expected to be pleasant or at the very least polite.

If I were to go back to Bethel, I would eat at Brian's again before eating here based on the service.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

We had a reservation and we were seated promptly. When the waitress finally showed up after about 10-15 minutes, which is too long to get a drink, she took our order but things took a while to show up. No fault of hers but I think there was not enough staff to handle the amount of people they had - in the kitchen and serving. The food was very good. All of us but one of us enjoyed their meal. This is the second time I have been to this restaurant and both times service has been too slow. My opinion to management, make sure you have enough staff to handle the demand. Overworked staff is not friendly staff.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Good Italian food massive portions. Creative cocktail menu but expensive prices. Nice option to on mountain restaurants at Sunday River

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Went in on a whim, sat at the bar, Ed greeted me right away! The menu is very impressive! I ordered the chicken piccata ( the best I’ve ever had) . Can’t wait to go back and take my friends. Yummy!!