“We thought the place was great.”

Fatty's Seafood - Slidell
Ranked #43 of 210 Restaurants in Slidell
Description: Fatty's Seafood, located in Slidell, LA, is a family-owned, family-friendly, seafood restaurant specializing in local cuisine, cool cocktails, and amazing daily specials! We love and support our community!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We thought the place was great. She had the stuffed shrimp and I had the crawfish Alfredo, they spelled it Cajun style, and both were awesome, but hers was better. The service also was great. Highly recommended

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (49)

Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

Service was great! My daughter loved her grilled cheese, and my husband loved his shrimp and grits. My salad was delicious and the blackened tuna was cooked perfectly. Only complaints (no verbalized) was the bad avocado and one cherry tomato.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

My wife and I just decided to take a quick road trip south and really didn’t have any specific plans. As we got closer to Slidell, we decided this would be a good place to stop, eat, and rest for a bit before continuing our trip, so my wife started doing some quick restaurant searches on her phone and just from the things she read, Fatty’s become our first choice. We arrived and they were full, especially with the new capacity restrictions. We were asked if we had a reservation and we said no, that we were just passing through town and found them online, so we stopped. The lady said if we could wait 25 min or so, she thought she could work us in. I would guess the wait was closer to 15 min than 25, so we were seated and very quickly we had a waitress at our table who was awesome. Our experience was wonderful! The food was great! Our service was great and the staff was so friendly from the moment we walked in to saying goodbye when we left! Our first impression was positive in every aspect and I know we will be back again! Thanks Fatty’s for a wonderful visit!

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 28 September 2020

There was 16 of us eating lunch. The place is clean and the waitress was very nice. We started our lunch with fried crab claws and fried onion rings. The onion rings were big and a good amount but very bland. They needed salt. The crab claws were awesome . My family had many different dishes ordered. Fried catfish, Shrimp sampler, Fried shrimp, club sandwich, kids cheeseburger and kids fried catfish. Most of the fries were cold. The catfish tasted like they were coated in something that had crab boil in it. The catfish were very tender and they were hot. Sweet potato fries were good but not very hot. The corn fritters were delicious and so was the Texas toast. I would go back but would try something other than seafood. Please make sure you bring a sweater the place was freezing. My grandchildren had to have a blanket wrapped around them. Thank goodness I carry them in my van.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank crjrsj41082
Reviewed 4 August 2020

I’ve been to this restaurant many times over the last six months and I’ve yet to have a bad experience. The food is fantastic, and the helpings are large. I absolutely love the crab cakes, and they have specials almost every night. My advice is to sit at the bar and let Ciera, Sarah, or Lexi take care of you. They are awesome. And while you’re there, talk to the manager, Tim. He’s a great guy and won’t let you get out of there unsatisfied. Try Fatty’s: my bet is you’ll love it, too.

Date of visit: July 2020