“Fantastic place to enjoy a great meal and quaint atmosphere”

Merci Beaucoup Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Merci Beaucoup promises an original classic Cajun & American menu, served in a charming atmosphere in Historic Downtown Natchitoches. Merci Beaucoup takes great pride in serving our customers with fast, friendly service and consistently great food. We prepare quality dishes from scratch using family recipes and adding the finest ingredients available. Customers can expect service with a smile each and every time. It's called "Southern Hospitality," and we’ll make sure you have a great dining experience…each and every time!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Merci Beaucoup was highly rated and couldn't wait to try it for a lunchtime meal. We were pleasantly surprised, as the wait staff were all very polite, welcomed everyone. Our waiter was fantastic, and actually engaged in conversation about where we were from. The food was exceptional, and everyone there seemed to enjoy the atmosphere. Upon leaving, we were thanked by the owner/owners at the entrance for eating at their establishment. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (403)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had driven from Shreveport to Natchitoches to see the historical district and old homes. We found Merci Beaucoup had the best reviews so we chose to have lunch there. The corn/crab chowder was the special for the day. It was cold when it arrived and after heating it we found it was an average corn soup with very minimal crab. Nothing special. My husband had the crab cake and it was good but not excellent. Our friend had the oyster po boy which he said was quite good. We ate at several restaurants in 2 days but this was our most disappointment. I would not go back.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So we came here for lunch. My wife ordered the chicken amulet, and I had the meat pie dinner, and we both ordered sweet tea. When the waiter brought our drinks, he told us that the sweet tea “tasted” funny today, so he brought us unsweetened. It tasted like it came out of an ice chest. The salad was nothing more than a small plate of lettuce with some ranch on it. The chicken amulet was a hard lump, and the dirty rice was nothing more than rice with hamburger meat in it... no seasoning at all. The meat pie was good, but nothing more than I could buy at a convenience store. All this for $17 a plate, that neither of us finished.
I very seldom write a bad review, I can almost always find the good in things, but I was just horribly disappointed here. Maybe if they charged what it was worth, I could have found the good, but for what we were served, and the price, I can’t recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 11 December 2020

Had lunch there this week. The food was very good and the service was excellent. The crawfish pies were not greasy and the server brought us ranch dressing to dip them in. This was my first time to try ranch dressing and it was wonderful. It is easy to see why this restaurant is currently rated number 1 on Tripadviser.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank tangojohnDallas
Reviewed 2 December 2020 via mobile

Time to be Safe therefore ordered and picked up. Parked under the hill by Cane River. We enjoyed the Meat Pie Dinner.❤️Great Cooks ‍‍
Salad -Excellent ⭐️Dirty Rice -Tasty
Meat Pie - large and Delicious. The atmosphere and Meal was totally Pleasant ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Date of visit: December 2020