Basingstoke Country Hotel & Spa
The Red Lion(Odiham)
  • Breakfast included
Highfield Park(Heckfield)
1,243 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiesshort breakfood was lovelybuffet stylespa breakhooksaunabasingstoke
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am sorry to say the hotel needs money spent on it. Obviosuly head office refuse to update or spend money. Gym also dirty and dusty. Roof leaks, Cables dangling. Bedroom wall paper peeling off. Staff very good.

Stayed: March 2018
GuestRelationsBH, Guest Relations Manager at Basingstoke Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your review is concerning to read. I will ensure to make the management team at our hotel aware of the concerns you had in regards to the gym facilities and the roof etc. I hope your recent break does not discourage you from staying with us again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely awful experience! Had a gas leak so pool was not open, went to the room after check in time, and the room still had the previous guests bed sheets, towels and cups in. Staff were uninviting. One lady who was on reception said as a sorry for the inconvenience of the pool being closed she would give us a complimentary drink. Does not excuse the fact that the room had not even been cleaned or the linen changed! We were in and out in 20 mins.
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Basingstoke Country Hotel. I will ensure that the team at the hotel are made aware of the concerns you had while saying with us. I can assure you we take guest feedback very seriously.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and my partner spent 1 night at this hotel. My experience would be summarised as VERY AVERAGE. On arrival the pictures compared to the actual hotel were a bit different. The hotel is very dated and in need of a complete overhaul. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly member of staff who welcomed us and booked us in. I did have a little trouble hearing her as her colleague was on the phone which I assume was to a friend or colleague as she was discussing the behaviour of another member of staff who had resigned. Not really the best place to do it!! The room was a double and wasn’t too bad although did smell quite musty. We went out for a few hours and returned early evening and thought we would have a drink in the bar. This was once we had negotiated all the children using reception as a playground being completely ignored by their parents. We then retired for the night. The nights sleep can be described as disturbed. We were woken on numerous occasions by the same group who had been in the bar showing no respect for other guests by shouting in the corridors at 3 and 5 am. On getting up we were greeted with no hot water and a freezing cold shower. Went for breakfast which was basic cooked breakfast and some cereal. On checking out we weren’t asked about our stay as I think they feared the answer. All in all one to avoid.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark A

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is concerning to learn that your recent visit to our hotel fell short of your expectations. If I could please ask you to contact our Customer Services Team (customerservices754@britanniahotels.com) with your concerns in order for them to fully investigate and appropriately action the above issues you have raised. Please also include your reservation details as this will help with the investigation process. Once investigated our team will contact you directly with a formal response. I hope your experience does not deter you from booking with us again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my husband spent 1 night here, we do many random hotel breaks in the UK as well as often holidaying abroad. Arrived to the friendly lady receptionist who checked us in straight away. Room was really not that nice with a broken window which we had to fight with to close. Was a slight unpleasant smell. Very old fashioned furniture. The bed wasn't connected to the head bored so when we moved it came away from the wall. The bathroom was nice with a decent shower. The bed was ok just a standard double and we had a decent nights sleep. We didn't realise until we arrived that the leisure facilities are not included within the booking and we would need to pay £4pp to use the facilities. We went to look at the leisure facilities but decided against it as the look didn't look great at all. The gym looked fine with adequate equipment. Overall this is more of a 3 star hotel. I have stayed in much nicer Travelodges / ibis hotels. This really isn't a 4 star so don't book expecting that.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is concerning to read that your recent visit to our hotel was not to your expected standard. At Britannia Hotels we take guest feedback very seriously and will ensure to use your feedback to improve the level of service we offer. I hope your experience does not deter you from booking with us again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We found our stay to be pleasant and relaxed. Place was a bit dated and tired but very clean. Disappointed the hot tub was not working but made use of the sauna and pool. The changing rooms were not as clean as the rooms tho couldn't bare to shower in them so went back to room for a lovely hot bubbly bath. Staff were pleasant and very helpful and responded to emails promptly.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a company we are always delighted to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and have checked-out happy. I am also disappointed that the hot tub was not available during your stay. I will ensure to forward this and your other concerns over to the hotel directly so they can be made aware. I look forward to welcoming you back to Basingstoke Country Hotel in the future. For the best available deals please call our sales centre on 0871 221 0255