Lowest prices for your stay
US$158
View deal
ZenHotels.com
US$118
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews double tree cookies the executive lounge river view great hotel great stay clean rooms the room was nice parking lot mardi gras staff was friendly front desk staff sola lobby conference honors housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

The outside of the building with floor to ceiling glass will make you think you hit the jackpot! However, do not be deceived it is all smoke and mirrors. The staff is friendly and accommodating and they have warm delicious cookies but that is where the pleasantries end. We paid extra for a Corner Room River View. The hotel needs updating but had it been properly cleaned, this would have not been an issue. The rooms are dark and dingy. In our stay we changed rooms 3x because of the uncleanliness. Room 1 reeked of cigarette smoke. There were greasy hand prints (kids) on the inside front door, bathroom door and plastered (kids and adult) on both windows. The nightstand on either side of the bed had visible dust on the top and on the lamps. The carpets had crumbs of what appeared to be bread. I called downstairs and a friendly associate named Tyler came to give us another key card. I walked him through and showed him the uncleanliness. He apologized multiple times and handed us keys to another room on another floor. Room 2 smelled less of smoke and was much cleaner. There were the notorious hand prints blocking river view. Upon pulling the comforter back we found black specks and long strings of blonde hair. We called the front desk and Chris apologized multiple times. He told us we would get a freshly cleaned room. We waited 35 minutes for the "clean" room on another floor. On our way down we met Denise a friendly housekeeper who told us to notify her if we had any issues. Chris met me at the room and opened the door, it smelled clean and I thanked him for this room. When we turned on all of the lights and opened the curtains... dirty carpet with chicken crumbs and handprints blocking the view. The mattress was so thin we could feel the Springs. I would not stay at this hotel if a hurricane took my house. You would fare better to stay in your car.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
James Thackston, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for these issues. Our team has already discussed your experience and our action plans to remedy after speaking to our Manager on Duty.

Reviewed 14 August 2021

I could start with the pen floating in the toilet...or maybe the brush on the counter in my "cleaned" room. Maybe after the move to the second room on the Hilton Honors floor, the amount of debris on the carpets or hairball on the bathroom counter should be discussed. Could focus on that when you close a bathroom door, the back of the door is nasty. Perhaps the hole in the drywall next to the elevator. Maybe the carpets that haven't been cleaned or replaced since 1994. Skip it and keep shopping folks. Experienced global traveller.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the items listed. I have already spoken to our Director of Housekeeping about your comments.

Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

This is the worst double tree I’ve ever stayed at. The setting is ok next to the river and it has a big pool but all else is questionable and poorly managed. Elevators are old and very slow and shake, we had to basically climb the gate to get into the pool because no key locks work, the staff seems to know nothing about their own hotel, no hand sanitizer in dispensers, signage wrong at breakfast, no mask requirements on elevators during a COVID outbreak in the region etc etc…..

Trip type: Traveled with family
James Thackston, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to share with you that we are in the midst of our elevator modernization project. Our first car should be released for public use in the next few weeks and the project will continue until all cars are complete. Please accept my apologies for these items noted. I have shared your comments about key control at the pool with our Maintenance Staff for immediate review. I will also ensure that all hand sanitizers are checked regularly and the sign in the Restaurant is removed on the days that the buffet is offered. .

Reviewed 4 August 2021

The room was filled with hair and black mold. I have been coughing since I left. The restaurant looked clean but why would you eat there?! My food was free and I still didn’t eat there. The room was that much of a deal breaker.

Date of stay: July 2021
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
James Thackston, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2021

Thank you for your feedback. I have personally inspected this guest room today. It appears that the caulking is new and all issues have already been addressed by our team. Please accept my apologies for your experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2021

We made a last minute reservation for a room with two double beds - smaller than we’d like but the hotel was nice and quiet and staff was so friendly. Location is close to restaurants. We’d stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2021
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
James Thackston, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate the kind words in regards to the Friendly Service Staff and how our location was perfect for your needs during this trip. I hope you have the opportunity to return soon when you can stay longer in "Cajun Country".