Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
eDreams
Priceline
ZenHotels.com
All reviews tomahawk steak spa village sea view philippines bohol resort massage filipino
Selected filters
Reviewed October 12, 2019

My wife and I stayed here for three nights. We have been extremely busy, and found this place to hopefully get some rest and relaxation. This place is peaceful and luxurious, while providing five star services. Our villa was beautiful, clean, and roomy. Dining was terrific. Staff was able to accommodate all our needs. The views by their restaurant facing the oceanfront are breathless and picture worthy. Would recommend to anyone looking to stay in the area for some R& R.

P.S. Get the Hilot Massage. The BEWST I have ever got, and reasonably priced!

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed October 11, 2019 via mobile

We had initially booked 2 nights at Donatela but loved the resort so much that we booked an extra night. This place is quite unique to other resorts in Panglao - you feel like you have the entire place to yourself. If you want to get away from the maddening crowds and get back to nature, then this is the place for you. The Equestrian centre is well maintained and so is the animal sanctuary. The staff seem to look after the animals very well - my only constructive feedback would be provide larger enclosures for the animals to roam. We will definitely be back in future.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jehnap
Nomad61978026648, General Manager at Donatela Resort and Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2019

Thank you so much for sharing a review on Trip Advisor and the team from the mini zoo and equestrian will be very much elated as I will surely share this with them today.

We are glad that your stay was pleasant and that you were able to enjoy the luxury of nature at Donatela, a Resort and Sanctuary here in Panglao Island of Bohol.

Again, thank you so much, and we are all excited to welcome you back, and so are your friends and family!

Warmest regards.

Reviewed October 6, 2019

This place was more like home and the staff made us feel like we were friends. They were so attentive to what we needed and making our stay a true experience. This whole resort has nature all over and beautiful views when eating dinner, breakfast, and lunch. The food is absolutely amazing, and a 10 on our books. Thank you so much Donatela! We can't wait to go back to visit.

Date of stay: September 2019
Nomad61978026648, General Manager at Donatela Resort and Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2019

Thank you so much for sharing a positive review on Trip Advisor, and the staff were elated to read this!!! We are glad to have you and that your overall experience is a 10!
We cant wait to see you back soon!

Kind regards.

Reviewed July 28, 2019

We went there last June around 7PM.
I was expecting an extraordinary experience because of the amount that we will be paying 2,500 pesos for a 90 minute massage.
My friends and I love massage (twice a month) but we always do home service for 350 pesos only for 90 minutes. So I was kinda excited and expected a lot because this will be my 3rd time (hotel spa and independent spa) to experience a legit spa service.
When my friend told me she'll treat me for a massage I was hesitant at first because I'm pretty much sure paying 2,500 won't make any difference if we'll do home service massage (okay I'm just being practical) .
We arrived there at around 7pm after a long ride from Tagbilaran. Okay I think, to have an instagrammable photos better visit during morning or sunset time. When we went of course 7pm it was dark, not well lighted (not sure if part of the donatela experience).
We had our massage in a nipa hut, with relaxing music background and recorded chirping birds sound. The massage routine was the same with what we usually had from a home a service massage (our home service gives us stretching after the massage). We had a tea after the massage - that's it! Yes that's it!
We paid and we went home.
Paying 2,500 or 350 pesos??? The answer is very clear. I think we are willing to pay that amount if we know it'll be worth it and experience an extraordinary service.

Verdict: nothing extraordinary experience for a 2,500 worth of 90 minute massage. I think the deal breaker is the tea after the massage? . Maybe it would be a different experience during morning? Not sure! Nonetheless, I'd still choose the 350 worth of home service massage but if you have the money to burn, by all means go push! .

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Tarsier Botanik... R, General Manager at Donatela Resort and Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

Dear Kimchiemon,

Thank you so much for sharing a review today regarding the Spa experience you had with us last June 2019, and we are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during that time.
If you can give us a chance to make it up with you, please let us know.
Please don't miss the hotel's famous Paprika Restaurant by the sea, when you come visit. We will also be happy to show you around when you are here.
In the meantime, may I look forward to hear from you.

Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Alan Dimayuga
alan.dimayuga@donatelahotel.com

Reviewed May 6, 2019

Excellent but a bit inconvenient since its location. But there are shuttle bus to gets to Alona beach.
Other than that everything was great. Breakfast was great, staffs were so nice and great, views were great.
Can’t complain.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
donatelah, General Manager at Donatela Resort and Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear Nomad21894416827,

Greetings!

Thank you for an excellent review. We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and the team. We are a few minutes away from Alona beach and we offer a free drop off and pickup service for our in house guests so that they can enjoy this area if they wish. We also have a partnership with another resort nearby which has a white beach. We hope we can have you back soon in the property and please book directly with us to avail of the best rates.

Thank you!