Lowest prices for your stay
US$31
US$34
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$25
Hotels.comUS$31
PricelineUS$34
eDreamsUS$34
All reviews alona beach hidden gem lovely surprise book tours would definitely stay here again the main road shuttle pool resort bohol philippines mj pax channels agoda
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2021

The pool was nice however the smaller one beside it was very dirty. I don't understand why they only have 1 chair inside the room and a very small table that can only fit 1 person (this room can fit up to 3 pax). The towels were gross and the bedsheets look worn out.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 16 May 2021

We spent our wedding anniversary in the resort. The staff was accommodating. They granted our request free of charge and were amazed by their efforts. We rented two rooms and they're all clean.
The price is very affordable, they offered a free kitchen so you have the options to cook and prepare your own food. They don't have a corkage when you bring some drinks inside the resort.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 24 February 2021

If you're looking for a place to stay away from the crowd but still not that far from Alona Beach, this is exactly the place to stay, Scent of Green Papaya Resort.

It was an excellent stay, indeed! Our family really did enjoyed staying in this resort. It was a lovely surprise for my sister's birthday upon check in when they left a birthday decor inside the room. There were staff members namely Joel, Philip, Mj and of course John, the Resort Manager who were particularly helpful, accommodating and friendly who go above and beyond to make sure you have the best time.

We had encounter a small problem on my mother's room but here comes this guy Joel, who attentively handled our concern with grace and professionalism. Kudos to him

We will definitely comeback with my family soon.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2021

Very accomodating, great staff AND GREAT SERVICE. They do our requests with no charges and was shook by it. :) Deco is much appreciated. Place is not crowded and perfect place to chill and celeb with my family. :) Everything is perfect and I'm thankful with all the staff for letting us celeb that day and help us surprise our parents with no hassle. :) Wish we could stay more longer. :) Will stay again for sure. :)

Room tip: all rooms and upstairs is a plus
Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 28 December 2020

My review of the Scent of Green Papaya Resort/Hotel in Panglao, Bohol, Philippines. If you're looking for a great hotel to stay at that's economical and modern, look no further than this hidden gem of a resort. It's basically just a few blocks from the beach in the Alona Beach area of Panglao, Bohol in the Philippines. I stayed here in February, right when Covid was flaring up and they were shutting down borders.

I booked the room using Agoda.com and paid about $60USD/night for a Superior King Room, which included a custom made breakfast every morning. The resort/hotel is about a five minute walk from the main road where the hustle and bustle is of Alona Beach, but if you don't feel like walking, they do have a shuttle taking you back and forth from the main road, which is lined with American-style restaurants (including McDonald's if that's your thing), as well as souvenir shops, tour kiosks etc.

The front desk staff was super cool and reminded me to choose my breakfast each evening so they could prepare it fresh for me in the morning. Also, they helped me call a ride for the ferry and also were amazing helping me book tours, including a snorkeling tour.

I had a great stay and highly recommend this place if you're looking for something different. This place even had a Balinese feel to it. There are lots of hotel options in Alona Beach, many of which are five times the price of this hotel. So if you're looking for something quaint, quiet and cool, give Scent of Green Papaya a try! I would definitely stay here again if I were ever to return to Alona Beach.

Feel free to check out my channel if you would like to see a video walk-through of my room and the hotel grounds.

Date of stay: February 2020