Lowest prices for your stay
US$31
US$34
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$25
Hotels.comUS$31
PricelineUS$34
eDreamsUS$34
All reviews alona beach hidden gem lovely surprise book tours would definitely stay here again the main road shuttle pool resort bohol philippines mj pax channels agoda
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2021

We spent our wedding anniversary in the resort. The staff was accommodating. They granted our request free of charge and were amazed by their efforts. We rented two rooms and they're all clean.
The price is very affordable, they offered a free kitchen so you have the options to cook and prepare your own food. They don't have a corkage when you bring some drinks inside the resort.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 24 February 2021

If you're looking for a place to stay away from the crowd but still not that far from Alona Beach, this is exactly the place to stay, Scent of Green Papaya Resort.

It was an excellent stay, indeed! Our family really did enjoyed staying in this resort. It was a lovely surprise for my sister's birthday upon check in when they left a birthday decor inside the room. There were staff members namely Joel, Philip, Mj and of course John, the Resort Manager who were particularly helpful, accommodating and friendly who go above and beyond to make sure you have the best time.

We had encounter a small problem on my mother's room but here comes this guy Joel, who attentively handled our concern with grace and professionalism. Kudos to him

We will definitely comeback with my family soon.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2021

Very accomodating, great staff AND GREAT SERVICE. They do our requests with no charges and was shook by it. :) Deco is much appreciated. Place is not crowded and perfect place to chill and celeb with my family. :) Everything is perfect and I'm thankful with all the staff for letting us celeb that day and help us surprise our parents with no hassle. :) Wish we could stay more longer. :) Will stay again for sure. :)

Room tip: all rooms and upstairs is a plus
Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 28 December 2020

My review of the Scent of Green Papaya Resort/Hotel in Panglao, Bohol, Philippines. If you're looking for a great hotel to stay at that's economical and modern, look no further than this hidden gem of a resort. It's basically just a few blocks from the beach in the Alona Beach area of Panglao, Bohol in the Philippines. I stayed here in February, right when Covid was flaring up and they were shutting down borders.

I booked the room using Agoda.com and paid about $60USD/night for a Superior King Room, which included a custom made breakfast every morning. The resort/hotel is about a five minute walk from the main road where the hustle and bustle is of Alona Beach, but if you don't feel like walking, they do have a shuttle taking you back and forth from the main road, which is lined with American-style restaurants (including McDonald's if that's your thing), as well as souvenir shops, tour kiosks etc.

The front desk staff was super cool and reminded me to choose my breakfast each evening so they could prepare it fresh for me in the morning. Also, they helped me call a ride for the ferry and also were amazing helping me book tours, including a snorkeling tour.

I had a great stay and highly recommend this place if you're looking for something different. This place even had a Balinese feel to it. There are lots of hotel options in Alona Beach, many of which are five times the price of this hotel. So if you're looking for something quaint, quiet and cool, give Scent of Green Papaya a try! I would definitely stay here again if I were ever to return to Alona Beach.

Feel free to check out my channel if you would like to see a video walk-through of my room and the hotel grounds.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank ab3
Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

We would not stay here again - mainly due to location.
Pros
Nice pools which are well maintained
Good sized balcony with table and chairs
Lots of loungers around the pool with towels supplied
Breakfast is brought in from elsewhere, so need to advise night before what you want
We had some problems with our rooms and maintenance guy was there promptly to try to fix it.
Only 2 small bottles of water in the room - not replaced daily. Water cooler in restaurant for refilling.
Cons
Plumbing - Our room had no consistent hot water - despite maintenance man working on it; also foul sewer smell in bathroom
Location - walking distance to Alona Beach is about 30 minutes- 10 minutes by free shuttle; Part of road is very rough for walking especially in the dark.
Safe in both our rooms was not working until we advised them.
Overheard manager arguing with another guest. The issue was discrepancy between Agoda and their website about free breakfast for a child who was 3rd person in the room. She was telling guest it was up to him to get it changed on Agoda. Poor customer service in my opinion.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Green Papaya, General Manager at Scent of Green Papaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2020

Good afternoon and thank you for this complete review.

Thank you for the pros you noticed during your stay.

About the cons, we do apologize for the different problems you did encountered. Problem of battery with the safe should have been noticed before your checking, the information will be added to the check in process.
For the plumbing problem, it is something that we are unfortunately always working on, due to local regulation regarding sewer and also during very high season the hot water can supply a lower temperature as you experienced. New solar water heater are to be installed during the year.

Now about our breakfast, we do "a la carte'' the day before for a better organisation everyday and be able to serve you in the morning faster. We do all our breakfast on site, only fresh baguette and croissant are served fresh every morning.

The walking distance to the beach is a 20 min by feet. The shuttle is a 6 min ride to the drop off place at Alona beach area. ( 900 meter from the resort).

We do give plastic bottle only once per check in, for environmental reason we provide a free hot and cold refilling at the restaurant area available 24/7 , it saves around 1100 bottle a month, which is quite important in this country.

About Agoda rules, free child stay are for free and without breakfast, like that the corresponding breakfast can be ordered if needed. As a matter of fact, TripAdvisor rules are about your experience in the resort, and not about what other guests experienced or however we settle the rules in our establishment, which are based of years of accommodations.

Thanks again for your complete point of view that will definitely help us to add some control upon checking.

Thanks again for your stay in our establishment from all he team SOGPR