Cherrys Home
US$15
  • Bar/Lounge
Captain's Lodge(Tawala)(Great Value!)
US$32
TipTop Hotel & Resort(Tawala)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$30
US$35
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$37/night.

US$60
US$50
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$56/night.

Chiisai Natsu Resort(Tawala)(Great Value!)
US$24
Agoda.com
Alona Bamboo House(Tawala)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$59
  • Pool
US$30
TripAdvisor
US$237
All reviewssister hotelair conalona beachhot waterrefrigeratorinternetplugtvshowerpooldive
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Cherry's Home was perfect for when we were in Panglao. It's only a short walk (5 min) to Alona beach and there is plenty to do if you like to dive, snorkel, swimming, ect.

The only bad thing was the showers weren't heated, typical Philippine showers. The lady at the front desk was absolutely fabulous as she was really friendly and brought us hot water for our Nescafe and cup of Ramen noodles. The rooms had a refrigerator that had a freezer which was a nice feature.

This hotel didn't have a pool, but their sister hotel did, and you could use it if I remember correctly, you just had to ask the front desk. Alona beach is so close though it's easy to go swimming there.

There was a pizza place right down the road and a couple of local places (much cheaper than the beachfront hotels as a meal for two is a few dollars)

I would stay here again if you're looking for a affordable place for a couple of days.

If the hotel wants to ramp up to a 5-star review, add heated showers and include a coffee maker!

Room Tip: I thought the hotel was good overall.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carl A
Reviewed 5 December 2016

the room was basic but spacious and clean. the staff were friendly, accommodating and always available. a security guard is always on duty, so you know it is safe. a bit of a walk from the beach and restaurants but conveniently far enough to get away from the noise of the crowd.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Asiatravel.com
2  Thank pekto44
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Cherry s home 2

A good place to stay in Alona close to the beach but still a bit out of the way so you don't get all the fuss from the front beach.
We had two rooms booked one with window one without.
Both rooms were clean big with AC ( bit noisy actually but worked fine )
Overall the hotel is ok, spacious with a pool well maintain and looked after.

The staff is friendly enough apart for the hotel manager.

We went to front desk to mention it, the only thing the manager could tell us they were not responsible for anything happen at the pool ( by the pool their is a board mentioning all the things the hotel management is not responsible for and the part where bikini become yellow from product they put in the pool of course wasn't mention in the list which is obvious !!!)

She was like a computer program to say it endlessly..
Both my friend and I work in hospitality so we are both used to deal with that kind of issue and to be honest she wasn't dealing with it very well.

After talking with her or actually us trying to make a point than we were just mentioning that they had a problem with the product they put in the pool she end up taking our bikini to the laundry service, we got back our bikini the day after they're were still a bit yellow but nothing compare to before.

The day after I couldn't get online with their wifi.
I mentioned it to the reception staff, who couldn't help me much so she went to check with her manager, as I can speak a little of Tagalog I could understand than the manager didn't want to deal with me so I went up to her to talk to her about my wifi issue the only thing she could tell me was than my phone had a problem not their wifi.

Anyway I left it to that point as it s obvious she didn't know how to deal with complain or issue the guests could have.

Overall I will recommend this hotel as it s a good value, breakfast was included not much choices apart from eggs and bread.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with friends
Cherrytawala, Manager at Cherrys Home, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Dear Christelle Combaud,

Thank you for taking the time to share your appreciation and thoughts.

For lucency, let me kindly address your concerns ...

1. One day we a swim at the hotel pool both my friend and I had white bikini when we came out of the pool the bikini were yellow.

We do apologize, but this is a misnomer. May I kindly recap you once again that the moment you reached the front desk the thing we told to you was “honestly speaking this is the first time it happened that the white becomes yellow because of the product we were using in pool”. Though, we have been using the same water treatment since before. The reason why did we express directly to you and we hope for your understanding that the resort was not responsible for the incident for you were citing that your printed 2-piece cost more than Five Thousand Pesos for you were not deceiving and you were even told us to check it on Google. On the same day before you and your friend enjoyed swimming on the pool you did swim on the beach wearing the same 2-piece. I believed that the bleaching product you were using can change the color of your swimwear. Thus we suggested to tried to wash your 2 pairs of 2-piece for free.

2. The day after I couldn't get online with their wifi.

May I seek your consideration on this regard. I advised Front Desk Officer to give you a new wifi ticket, as far as I remembered we gave you 3 wifi tickets in a day instead of 1. The reason why the Front Desk Officer trying to accommodate you on that moment because I was taking my dinner however you insisted to came to me and raised the issue in which I believed my staff could resolve it. During our conversation you admitted to me that your friends were easily connected to the wifi on the ticket we provided. Therefore I understood that something you needed to do with your device. You might refresh it by turning it OFF and ON.

Once again, our utmost appreciation to your kind review.

Reviewed 6 March 2016

Stayed here for five days in February over Chinese New Year and as it was a busy period the hotel had raised its rates which made it not worth the money for the room. The hotel is next to the main road and noisy, although it is a short walk to the beach. The reception has many mosquitoes and the staff are slow at calculating your payment. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2015

I stayed 2 nights at Cherrys Home and would rate my personal experience as average. The staff was very friendly and the room was ok for the price range.

My only complain is that I chose this hotel because it's not directly on the main beach and it seemed a quieter place to stay, but I got a room by the road and with the motorbikes going all night long I didn't rest as much as I hoped. I don't see anyone else complaining about it, so maybe it's only those 2 rooms facing the road, or just me being oversensitive about noise.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms closer to the road
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled solo