“Exceptional place”
Review of The Portsider

The Portsider
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

On recommendation from a work colleague I called in for a meal last Tuesday evening. I was offered a taste of Emerson's Bookbinder Ale, which was fine, but settled on 8 wired Feijoa Sour beer. Absolutely wonderful! I just love the aromatic tartness of fresh feijoas and this beer captured it. My main was Roast Duck breast. My compliments to the chef Hanz Dekker! In Jutland we would say "Ikke så ringe endda".

Dessert was yummy warm runny-centered chocolate cake with berry compote accompanied by a can of Peckham's Rare Nelson Cider.

The coffee was great.

The warm glowing fire supplemented Portsider's friendly efficient service to confirm their reputation.

'Tusind tak'

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I was really impressed. Usually when one orders something vegetarian at a pub, expectations are low. However here my meal was very good - innovative salad. Well presented meal.

The other meals were good too according to my friends.

The menu was simple and small, but all the better for it, as I suspect everything on it was as high quality as what we ordered.

Much more than a pub, this is actually a really good restaurant.

Would recommend to all.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We have eaten here a couple of times. Each time the staff are extremely knowledgeable about their fare and the beer selection. The atmosphere is great and the fire lovely. Would totally recommend to anyone wanting good beer, good food and a nice chilled out atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We had lunch at the Portsider - the pan fried fish of the day was especially good. There was a good selection of beer on tap with a range of different styles and breweries. Our favourite things were the beautiful building and the friendly service. Looking forward to visiting again.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

We are regular diners at The Portsider and have never been disappointed. Pip is a lovely, friendly host and Hans a fantastic chef. The menu is limited, but still manages to offer something for everyone. The food is always well cooked, presented and of the highest quality. Love this place.