Book now, pay at stay
US$98
  • Breakfast included
US$94
US$80
Comfort Inn and Suites(Mount Sterling)
US$76
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

Free cancellation until 07/29
Book now, pay at stay
US$75
All reviewsfire pithot tubred river gorgerental agencypeaceful getawaylack of privacyfront porchsleep comfortablymountain viewpots panselectric fireplacesatellite tvenjoyed our stayback porchworking ordercoffee makerwe've stayed
Reviewed 7 January 2018

We stayed at the Roost for a New Year weekend. First impression of the cabin was wonderful! Cozy, great room/bathroom setup, inside jacuzzi and pool table! We were thrilled! Then we began discovering issues one by one. The fireplace (or better call it pretend fire place) did not turn on. We asked the maintenance and were told that the remote was lost and there was no other way to turn it on. Very disappointed considering it was super cold outside. And disappointed it wasn't even a real fire place... They don't specify on the website. The fridge door is broken and does not shut fully, letting the cold air out. The groceries were fine, but we had to watch the door all the time because it kept creeping open. The hottub outside was not hot enough our first night to get into it, which was disappointing. Water was gross and slimy and one only one jet was working when we did get in the second day.
Bed was wonderful... So soft and comfortable! Jacuzzi in the bathroom was a nice addition, but there wasn't enough hot water to really enjoy it. Kitchen was pretty well equipped. I loved that we had the pool table, but it was very dated and in bad shape. Overall, many furnishings were very dated and nasty.
Lastly, if you can get over the crazy amount of rooster decorations that suffocate you, the religious message is disturbing. Its everywhere right in your face. We blocked it out as much as we could, but it was too much.
Overall, we enjoyed out stay, but would not be back and would not recommend this cabin.
Oh, also no WiFi and no cell service, so you are completely isolated.

Room Tip: Bring electric heater if you plan to stay downstairs in winter; no cell service
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hautesh
Reviewed 6 November 2017

After reading the past reviews, I have to say the new owners must have done a lot of work. New beds, new tv's, new small kitchen appliances, sofas must be new(not a scratch on them). I thought the cabin was super nice and a place I would definitely go again. Usually pet friendly cabins are not very nice but this one is. I felt very at home here and my young boys loved the hot tub or hot bath as they called it. Thanks for having us and our dog Onyx. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed in A-Mountain View for 2 nights and our stay wasn't the greatest. First I will say the rate per night for this cabin was overpriced in my opinion. Cost me a total of $352 for 2 nights and the cabin was not up to par for it to be priced like this. Upon entry of the cabin, all you got was a HUGE wiff of a musty smell. That alone was a big turn off. As we made our way into the kitchen was the living room and stairs to loft. We did not use the loft as there was no tv and it was too hot even with the AC running. The tv was maybe 18" to 24" so very very small and lacking for the price we paid. The kitchen was fine; had everything we needed but the cookware definitely needed replaced. The couch has seen better days. It was completely worn and sunken in. I could not sit on it long enough or my bottom would hurt. The bedroom we slept in was on the first level and was incredibly small and crowded. The ceiling was low and all that was in there was the bed; however, the bed was comfortable. There was a washer and dryer which is a plus but we did not need to use it. There is a separate room attached to the bedroom with a jacuzzi tub but no toilet? Found this very odd and we had to walk to the other side of the cabin to use the restroom. We did see a mouse run across the counter and he ate my sunflower seeds haha! (Not too worried about this, this happens everywhere in a rural area). However, my BIGGEST issue was the floor. My God, the floors!! THEY WERE DISGUSTING!!! Whoever supposedly "cleaned" the place DID NOT clean or sweep the floors whatsoever. So much dirt and sand on the floor I had to wear my flip flops the entire time we were in the cabin. We had no access to a broom to sweep this up either. The hot tub outside was nice and very relaxing. The deck to the tub was nice also, however I do think the tub needs to be in a different position as the stairs in the tub were not facing the entry way from the deck. The porch to the cabin was a little rough, needs a good sweep and maybe a stain. The rails were also wobbly and not sturdy so I did not feel comfortable getting close to the edge. The location of the cabin was phenomenal. Close to everything and all the attractions. Also right off of the highway and easy directions to the cabin. The staff we encountered were courteous but this does not make up for the lack of attention needed at the cabin. I will give this company another chance, but I will not be staying in this particular cabin. it is outdated and needed of some upgrades, especially for the price that is being charged.

Room Tip: Bring a broom if you don't want to walk on dirty floors!
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessie B
sceniccabin, General Manager at Scenic Cabin Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Jessie,

Thank you for your comments and we are so sorry about the state of this cabin. I admit it is one of our oldest and most rustic cabin. But that still doesn't excuse the dirty floors. Unfortunately, I did find out the homeowner's son accessed the cabin after our housekeeping department had cleaned so possibly he or his associates left the floor dirty.
We are in process of working with homeowner to make improvements or we will need to remove cabin from our rental program. I will use this email to review with Owner and hope to be able to make improvements. If you do choose to return to one of our other cabins at a future date we will issue you a 15% discount. Please send us your email and we will ssend you the gift certificate for a future discount. Again, my apologies, we strive to keep all our cabins clean and well maintained no matter how old they are.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Mountain View. Sweet cabin. Felt like you were away from the mainstream but close to necessities. Amazing Jacuzzi tub in main bedroom. Nice deck with grill. Only one toilet though. Great little getaway.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed at hickory heights cabin. Was nice bc we could bring our dog and fire pit out back was nice. Very scenic but cabin was very dirty!!! Sheets had obviously not been changed. There was also chewed up gum on chair next to bed!!! Gross!!There was makeup on pillowcases, stains on sheets and dirt and hair in them! We went down to office and asked for new sheets, even offered to put them on. Girl working there said housekeeping would come and do later but never did. Rest of house was pretty dirty and dusty as well. Will definitely not stay at any of these cabins thru this company again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Hickory Heights,

I apologize for not being familiar with these issues. All I can find out is that you checked in on a Friday and complaint was made late Saturday evening. A call was put out to housekpeeing supervisor but she did not receive it that night. Our cell phone service in Eastern Ky is iffy at best, I can only guess that she did not get the call or text. There is a possibility this house was inadvertently missed on the housekeeping schedule. The office staff personnel wanted the housekeeping supervisor to see the house in order to assess the situation and resolve the issue. She did not mean not to give you clean sheets, just thought the Supervisor should clean house and see condition.

You then checked out Sunday morning.

I am sorry you do not want to return as we have plenty of cabins to choose. If you do ever want to return we will discount your stay. Just send us your email.