“Unfortunately not good”

City Barbeque
Ranked #10 of 145 Quick Bites in Louisville
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Neighborhood: Hurstbourne
Description: Fast-casual barbeque restaurant serving authentic comfort food. Serves award-winning BBQ, huge sandwiches, homemade sides, fresh salads, and incredible desserts. All meats—beef brisket, pulled pork, St. Louis–cut ribs, Amish chickens, turkey breast, and special-recipe sausage—are smoked on site, and all sides and desserts are made fresh daily in the restaurant. Caters thousands of events every year, of all sizes and styles: everything from formal weddings and backyard graduation parties to company picnics and family reunions. Great for lunch, dinner, dine-in, or carryout. Supports teammates and communities alike; prioritizes giving back to local charities and non-profits.
Reviewed 29 June 2020 via mobile

Was hopefully but disappointed. Pulled pork sandwich was actually very good but the brisket sandwich was so fatty that I literally could not find more than two bites to eat. Has to split the meat from the pulled pork to actually have a small meal. French fries were cold, mac and cheese was so-so but pretty bland. And they forgot to give me the banana pudding I ordered. I called and notified them but ended up deciding that if the pudding was consistent with their other food it wasn’t worth the drive back to get it. Overall it was disappointing

Date of visit: June 2020
37samanthas, General Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2020

Hi there! I'm so sorry you were disappointed in your meal. We strive to always serve up competition quality food, but it sounds like we were off our game. Would you be willing to give us another try? Shoot me an email at kelsey@citybbq.com and your next meal is on me. Thanks!

Write a reviewReviews (116)

Reviewed 5 June 2020 via mobile

Great bbq of all kinds with a variety of sides, sauces, drinks, and desserts. You really can’t go wrong. They are fast and practice all the safe practices for Covin-19 prevention. Lots of parking. Fast in and out and pick up out front.

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 26 February 2020

I visit with my husband on business a few times a year, we have been to city twice so far and it’s by far one of my top 5 bbq joints in the country. I even found out they have a location within half an hour of my hometown. We will be visiting that one as well but will always visit this one when we are in town.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 20 November 2019

City Barbeque is a pretty killer place. If you like smoked, barbequed meets it is THE place to go.

We've been to City Barbecue a number of times and have always had a good time and good service. As soon as you pull in the parking lot you can smell the smoke, and it means you're in for something good. Inside the restaurant has a very country/down home feel to it, being decorated in a barn wood and country-type feel.

You order at the counter, and the offerings range from chicken to turkey to pork fixed a variety of ways. They have sandwiches and meals with a variety of sides (I love their cole slaw), and the prices are pretty reasonable!

No matter what you order you're going to end up at the sauce/condiment bar. They have about 8 different types of sauces of varying heat range (I'm all about the spiciest!), along with pickles, onions and THE BEST jalapeños I think I've ever had. (Check the picture I posted. You'll love them, too.)

The service at City Barbeque is always great, and the staff seems to have the hustle on taking orders, getting food ready, and keeping the dining room clean.

They even have merch, should you care to spread the word!

Date of visit: October 2019
Rachael L, Guest Relations Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2019

Hey there! What an amazing review, thanks so much for sharing your positive feedback! We look forward to having you back again soon :)

Reviewed 24 October 2019 via mobile

I cant say enough how amazing their food is. I get it delivered to work every Thursday via grubhub and the entire hospital gets jealous. The pork ribs are to die for, the cornbread is amazing, I've not had one thing that I haven't enjoyed.

Date of visit: October 2019
Rachael L, Guest Relations Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2019

Hi there! Woohoo! So glad to hear everything was delicious, we also have online ordering available through our website and app (you'll earn rewards points that way too)!