All reviews yum center courtyard by marriott typical courtyard front desk parking garage kfc yum kfc center basketball game louisville downtown street noise waterfront park walking distance convention center high floor location was perfect very nice place to stay airport shuttle
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Staff was extremely nice and helpful. Room was very nice. Bed was a bit hard but otherwise everything was fine. I would recommend this hotel to anyone especially if they are visiting downtown or the Yum Center.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 346bettyem
Dan T, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

We are delighted to hear about your recent stay with us and really appreciate your feedback. Your comments on the hotel and staff will be shared with the team to inspire them to continue delivering exceptional service. Thank you again, and We hope to have you as our guests again should your travels bring you back to Louisville.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Recently stayed for 8 nights, including the weekend. The hotel staff is very friendly and the rooms are adequate but showing some age. The Bistro staff was efficient and friendly, especially for breakfast. I did have a torn sheet on the bed for my last evening - surprised the cleaning staff didn't see it as it was very evident (I took a picture). My biggest issue with the hotel is the location and traffic. With the highway bridges enacting a toll, there is significantly more traffic on the second street bridge. At rush hour this makes it almost impossible to get in and out of th hotel parking garage - you really have to plan your route correctly. In addition, this location is directly across form the Yum center so when there is a large event you have the increased traffic but also the use of the parking garage by those attending the event. Again, this makes it very difficult to get out of the garage and you need to plan your timing. With so many options downtown, I don't think I will stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Dan T, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

We apologize that your stay with the Courtyard Louisville Downtown was less than exceptional. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may strive to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

My family and I stayed here for my birthday weekend. Location is great, right across from the Yum Center. Getting into/out of the parking garage can be tricky due to the high traffic, not only with the regular road traffic but also with the bridge. Make sure you have your room key to get into and out of the garage. You can take the elevator or stairs to get to the 1st floor of the garage and walk into the hotel. There is not an inside connection from the garage to the hotel. We did not try the Bistro, so I can't comment on that. Qiana (sorry if misspelled her name) was the one that checked us in. I told her I recognized her name from TripAdvisor reviews. She was very friendly. We arrived on Friday and left on Sunday. We had 4 towels and a bathmat, but when we came back on Saturday evening, we had 3 towels and no bathmat. I requested more towels, received them within a short amount of time with no issues. The closet doors were hard to close. The lobby looked nice and homey with the Christmas decor! No substantial complaints. Just tips and comments. If there is an event at the Yum Center the parking garage will fill up quickly (its a public and hotel covered garage) and the traffic noise will increase-as well as the people voice noise. If you are a light sleeper, request for a room away from the corner. It did not bother me and I'm from a small town with not 1/2 the level of traffic. I would return to this hotel again.

Room tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask that you aren't by the corner.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jill A

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Louisville Downtown. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you had a great stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again whenever your travels bring you back to Louisville!

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. It’s clean, it’s comfortable. It’s in a nice location. What makes me want to return and recommend this place? THE STAFF!! These folks ALL were just amazing and went out of their way to help us. We had to run out for a vaporizer, a game had just let out and one of the staff members ran out after us to help us find a good place for our Lyft driver to pick us up. That’s just one example of how serious they take their job and enjoy doing it. They are a true asset to Marriott, and I hope the company and management realize it. We arrived Friday November 24th, and we left Sunday morning on the 26th. We got to experience all 3 shifts and they were fantastic! Thank you all for making our stay fantastic!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley S

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last week for cross country championships. Hotel was clean, quiet and the people were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again the next time I am in the area. It is right next to Tom Sawyer park which made it very convenient as well as close to a lot of places to dine.

Date of stay: November 2017

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Downtown Louisville for your stay! We are centrally located to all that Downtown Louisville has to offer. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.