2,306 results
All reviews lobby bar club level historic hotel piano player bell staff berry pie downtown louisville southern charm beautiful lobby corner room an older hotel room was large valet parking bourbon trail fourth street live churchill downs grahams
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We traveled Kentucky by ourselves for seven days. Our lunch at The Brown Hotel was the best meal we had. The Chef Arkan came to our table and told us about his ingredients and spices. I only wish we had planned more meals at The Brown. It is a fabulous experience.

Date of stay: August 2018
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear Guest,
Always great to read – fabulous.
Thanks for the nice note on Chef Arkan, who is a great representative for us.
We hope to welcome you back for another visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

This hotel is just exquisite!
Read the other reviews about the amenities, decor, and such - most are pretty accurate.

I want to comment on the young man who checked me in - James.
He was so pleasant, friendly, and knowledgable.
He answered all my questions very well and did it all with a gorgeous smile.
I hope the Brown knows what a gem they have in James.

Since I booked through Expedia and the Brown is one of their member hotels, I was given access to the Club Room as an upgrade.
Sadly, I wasn't able to use it because of my schedule, but what a nice perk to be given!

And here's the best part:
I used Expedia points for this booking.
I had a luxury room for three nights, plus the Club Room upgrade - for free for using my Expedia points!

To tell you the truth, I'd have paid for such a lovely hotel, room, and staff.
The next time I go to Louisville, I'll definitely be staying at the Brown - and this time I'll be happy to pay!

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thrilled to see that you had a great stay with us. Many thanks for the wonderful note on James.
Please contact me when you next plan to visit Louisville and I will block a nice room and ensure we provide another great stay.
We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I truly fell in love with the Brown Hotel on my visit to Louisville. The architecture stands alone in its care and detail with new discoveries everywhere one turns. This hotel is grand in every way, you feel transported to a different era. Partnered with the elegance and comfort of this hotel is the staff. From Beth at the front desk who was helpful in every way....to Craig in maintenance who came upon my friend and I exploring and went out of his way to give us a tour of all the ballrooms as well
As the rooftop, turning on all the lights and allowing us to truly experience the hotel on a distinct and personal level. Finally, Chris helped me try to locate some items I had interest in within the hotel itself. The food is exceptional as well! I came as a guest and felt as though I left as family! Highly recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Dear Kamerin,
Many thanks for all your nice thoughts.
It’s always nice to see – breathtaking and grand – and leaving as family!
Appreciate the nice notes on Beth, Craig and Chris.
Hope to have you back with us again.
Bwalker@brownhotel.com

Reviewed 11 August 2018

I LOVE old hotels. The Grand on Mackinac Island, the Menger in San Antonio; these are my first choices when the prices work. The Brown is such a hotel too. It's history is storied, having closed at one point to become a school district administrative building. But it's back in all its glory and is wonderful! Except... It seems like those doing some of the interior work skipped class the day they taught practicality. Picture a LARGE bathroom, with an alcove recessed a couple of feet. In that is a nice wooden bureau, on top of which is a marble top about 4 feet wide with recessed sink. Between that and the shower/tub is the toilet. Rather than mount the toilet paper holder on the wall adjacent to the shower, they mount it in the beautiful wood of the bureau - right where it will be pressing into your side as you sit on the toilet!

And, instead of mounting the TV on the wall towards which the bed faces, they mount it on an adjacent wall, so you have to turn 90 degrees to watch it. Just gotta wonder what they're thinking!

But the hotel itself is beautiful, the service was extraordinary and the food was very good.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the note on – extraordinary service!
I appreciate your constructive thoughts also.
Please let me know when your travels next bring you our way and I will reserve a nice room and ensure we have everything in place.
I do hope you'll return for a future stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

The Brown is is a great location and is wonderfully restored. The beds were extremely comfortable and furnishings top notch. Parking was in a public attached garage that was connected via a walkway and felt safe. I would advise you to check the garage rates before paying the hotel for parking, as if you are staying just overnight it is cheaper to pay the parking garage when leaving instead of the hotel's parking rate.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Jill,
Thank you for your very nice thoughts on our location and great beds.
Thank you for the note on the parking at the city owned garage connected to the hotel…it becomes less expensive if a guest just leaves the parking lot once during the day and returns…with the city lot they start the billing charge all over again.
Hope to have you back with us again.