All reviews free popcorn and soda pool attendant gold key evening food baked potato hot breakfast two room suite breakfast and dinner pool and hot tub sleeper sofa would definitely stay here again nice place to stay i highly recommend this hotel exercise room wonderful stay non smoking yogurt
Reviewed 4 July 2018

This is one of the best hotels I have been in for the moderate price. Breakfast is very good, and they make sure the food never runs out and is hot. The 5:30 Kickback is something I've never seen anywhere else. You can basically eat breakfast and dinner here, at no cost, including drinks. This hotel also has an indoor and outdoor pool, where you can swim between them if you like, along with a great indoor whirlpool. All rooms are thermostatically controlled air condition and heat, so you can set it and forget it, and the units are not blowing on a bed that can't be used because they are too cold to sleep in. Good sized rooms at a very reasonable price. Talked with one of the workers, Jennifer, who is an asset to this hotel, and learned that these hotels are family owned and that they acre about their employees and guests, and it DEFINITELY shows. Highly recommend!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 2 queen and pullout couch. Separate rooms which were great and each had their own a/c.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Due to the extreme heat, the kiddos, hubby and I decided to get away for a weekend and book a hotel specifically with a pool. From the moment we checked in, our stay was a bust. We checked in late Friday night (sometime around 9 or 10) and when we got up to our suite the room smelled of smoke. Hubby and I are non-smokers and I was worried we would be charged so I went down to the front desk and informed them that I thought someone had smoked in the room. The attendant told me that it could possibly be the smell of the new carpet and that they would post a note so we would not be charged. Our family returned upstairs and as we went to fold out the sofa bed for our kiddos we found a lighter. Also, the mattress cover was heavily soiled and had several hairs on it. So I called down again and asked for a new cover and informed them that we found a lighter. The attendant again stated she would make a note and did ask if we would like to switch rooms. As we had already begun unpacking and it was so late, we said it would be fine and we would just stick it out.
The worst part about the stay though happened Saturday. Hubby, kiddos, and I changed into our swimwear and headed down to the pool after returning from a trip to the science center. We were informed that due to state law a pool attendant had to be on duty and would let us in to the pool area. The attendant was called and we were told to go on down. When we arrived at the pool, the attendant was no where to be found and the door was propped open with a cone. We went on in as the pool area was full of other patrons. To make a long story shorter, the pool attendant came back eventually, but was utterly useless. Everyone, even the adults, were cannon balling into the pool, splashing so crazily, that we could not even sit poolside. Our 5 year old was scared because she kept getting splashed. There were grown men running and jumping into the pool and it was literally chaos. The pool attendant sat with his head down the entire time he was in there looking at his phone with earbuds in. There were several children unattended and they were running and jumping into the hot tub. It was crazy! When asked that evening at the dinner reception how are stay was going I told the lady I was very unhappy about the pool situation and she quickly went to another table.
Overall, there was SO MANY ISSUES. Food service during both breakfasts and the evening reception were bad at best. During evening reception we stood in line only to get to the front and there was no hotdogs, no cheese for the nachos, no chili, and no baked potatoes. The lady was working as fast as she could to refill items, but it was just a mess. Same for both breakfasts. We couldn't even find a table this morning for the four of us so we had to sit at separate tables. Also, yesterday we returned to our room after visiting the pool and found that it had not been cleaned or serviced. Finally around 6 I called down and asked why housekeeping had not come and the front desk said they were still on duty and cleaning. We decided to go ahead and leave and when we returned around 9 someone had finally emptied our trash cans and gave us fresh towels.
Other negatives: conditioner pump did not work in shower, no liners in the trash can, room not adequately clean especially the sofa and pull out, mediocre at best food, room was very close to the ice machine which made noise constantly, and elevators were so slow!
I have left over 30-something reviews on tripadvisor for hotels around the midwest and this is probably the worst experience I've ever had, ESPECIALLY for the money we paid. We have only had one other bad experience. I will definitely be leaving this same review on every site I can find. The service at this Drury was disappointing at best. My mother, sister, and I stayed at the Drury North property and I loved it and bragged to my husband about how great the hotel was, only to visit this property instead. By the way: whenever we told staff about some of the issues, they were basically shrugged off. I also have pictures of the pool open, but unattended. :(

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank shifty_travels
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a detailed review. Feedback is always appreciated and always welcomed. It sounds like you did not have a typical stay with us, and I wish you would have spoken with me during your stay as I was here over the weekend. I would like to touch on all of your points individually.

I did speak with you once in regards to the “smoke” smell in your room when you came to the desk. You stated that it may be the new carpet as your husband did not smell it. I confirmed that there is new carpet in the room and you said “Maybe that’s it” and returned to your room happily. I have passed along this information to housekeeping, and also informed them that a lighter was found under the couch. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we may follow-up with and if necessary retrain this team member.

We were sold out over the weekend, and unfortunately our housekeepers were working until 7PM on Saturday. This is never ideal for our team, nor for our guests and happens very rarely. We are happy to hear that our team did service your room though!

Pool attendants are required by the city to be present for our guest safety. There main purpose at the pool is to save anyone needing rescued. My team member did bring your complaint to my attention during kickback, and I immediately went to the pool and informed him to get off of his phone. I checked back periodically and he was not on it. I apologize if she did not follow up with you, but the issue was addressed. Once again, I thank you for the feedback as I cannot be everywhere in the hotel at one time. Occasionally our pool attendants do take restroom breaks and we try our best to cover them while they are away.
I was the evening manager during kickback, and I spoke with my evening manager during breakfast. As you could tell, we had more than 350 guests over the weekend and do not have the same amount of seating. We both agreed that nothing on our line was empty for longer than a couple minutes that it takes to re-prepare and get through the crowd to replace our items. I know that our team was moving quickly and nothing was empty long. I apologize if you waited a few moments while the items were refilled as we try to never let this occur.

I have informed maintenance of the conditioner pump issue and appreciate you letting us know. We do not put trash can liners in any of our hotels, as it is one of our Go-Green initiatives.
We hope that you return to our hotel in the future as we are confident you will have a better experience. My email is Miranda.Seymour@druryhotels.com if you ever need anything. We apologize once again as we are strive for perfection with each and every one of our guest stays.

Miranda S.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We booked a non-smoking king room. The gal working the front desk at check in was very friendly. Our room was on the 5th floor. The minute we opened the door to the room it reeked of cigarette smoke. It was stuffy & 76 deg. We thought maybe if we turned the temp down & cooled it off it would help. We left for dinner came back 2 hrs later & it was only down to 74 deg & still smelled of cigarette smoke. We notified the front desk because we didn’t want to be held liable for the $250 fee for smoking in your room. They apologized & we sprayed some air freshener & went to bed. The bed was comfortable & breakfast was good. At checkout they asked if the stay was a 10 & we told them of the strong smoke smell again. They apologized again & signed us up for their rewards program. We were give some free points. We’d give this Drury another try but not that particular room.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Our stay here was only one night but after finding it we wish we were staying longer! We came with 3 kids and had plenty of room!! The hotel is all non smoking which is what we were looking for! It’s been recently remodeled throughout so it smells good and everything is updated and so beautiful. Did I mention how clean it was! We stayed in the double queen so it had 2 queen beds in one room and it came with a separate living room with a sofa that pulled out into a bed.
We also enjoyed the afternoon kickback they provide with all kinds of free hot food and drinks. After a long day it was nice to go back, kick back, and then take a relaxing swim. The staff was so accommodating....everyone from the front desk to housekeeping to the kitchen staff.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone with any reason for traveling!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2018

This was my first time staying at this hotel and next time I travel I will only stay at a Drury hotel. The person working the desk was very welcoming. She informed me on all the amenities. One of my favorite was that they give you

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business