1,109 results
All reviews free shuttle shuttle service within walking distance room was clean front desk staff street noise yum center convention center complimentary breakfast staff was very friendly and helpful bathroom door convenient location oatmeal would stay here again indoor pool very nice hotel the breakfast area
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We wanted a good location to enjoy the Urban Bourbon Trail. The rate was good, the room was clean, and parking was close and reasonable. While I am still a loyal fan of Hampton, the quality is not as consistent in each location. We have learned to be careful and focus on newer properties, where the quality and amenities seem so much better. Plus I would only stay during the work week because the families generally mob and trash the pool and breakfast areas on the weekend. We have learned that paying a little extra for Embassy or other higher end Hilton properties on the weekends gets a better and more respectful quality of clientele. Anyway, back to this property, one of my pet peeves in the morning is finding decaf instead of regular coffee packets when I stumble out of bed. This one had 3 decaf to one regular (which my bride got of course). Nothing gets my day started wrong then having to track down a cart, go to the front desk or fight the mob at breakfast to get a cup of coffee. I know its petty but a little quality control to ensure the room is set up right goes a long way for me. Also, the elevator doors need oiling as the squeak was like fingers on a chalkboard (that just dated me, LOL). All in all, this Hampton was very good with friendly, attentive management that made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: Farthest away from elevators on the weekends
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Mindy W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found your stay to your liking. We strive to provide gracious, engaging and caring service and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Had a great time. I appreciated the promptness of service by the staff members and their knowlege of the area. This made if very helpful to experience the local flavor of downtown Louisville.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Don’t usually stay downtown but thought we’d give it a shot. We weren’t disappointed. Location was great within easy walking distance of great restaurants and attractions on Main Street, staff was helpful and very friendly, rooms and hotel were clean, breakfast was good.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We have been on a two week road trip and have stayed at several Hampton Inns along the way. This location has been my least favourite of all of them and I don't quite understand why the quality varies from location to location. The prior Hampton in Ohio was wonderful but this location wasn't pleasant.
Traveling with children who love to swim was where we came across our first unpleasant experience. Entering the pool area, immediately after opening the pool doors we saw a group of about 20 people who all new each other. They were extremely loud and had their own portable speaker that was playing very loud music. We left early to the dismay of my son because it was so unpleasant. Other guests who entered, quickly left obviously because of the noise. Why a manager or supervisor doesn't make the rounds on a regular basis to check the common areas is beyond me because this was a nuisance. Signs indicating to dry off completely before leaving the pool were ignored as there were several caution signs placed along the hallway towards the lobby so someone was obviously aware there might be a need to see what was going on?
Having to store perishables in the fridge, we couldn't because it was unplugged with a broken plug and was obsolete. Having been unplugged, again someone had to have know it wasn't working but rented the room anyway. Having to give our kids a bath we encountered two problems. One the tub plug wouldn't keep the water in and drained and the water never became hot just Luke warm which for kids isn't comfortable.
On the plus side, the gym and dining room were nice and spacious and the location was in a decent area close to a lot of dining options. But all and all, I wouldn't stay here again. There are far to many choices nearby to pick from so why this location doesn't realise this and check the rooms more thoroughly in between occupation surprises me. Having driven a long distance before checking in, the last thing I wanted to do was to have to deal with all these hassles.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Kert F
Mindy W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we strive to provide gracious, engaging and caring service and try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in Louisville after a few days of long drives. Check-in was smooth at 11:00 pm. Our room was a decent size and very quiet at night despite being full of guests.

Housekeeping was good in cleaning the room daily. Breakfast has several options to find something that would appeal to everyone.

Hotel was within easy walking distance to the Louisville bat tour, bourbon tours, and restaurants.

Would stay again if in Louisville!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family