“AWESOME TIME ZIPPING!!”

Louisville Mega Cavern
Ranked #1 of 207 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: While visiting Louisville, Kentucky, you won't want to miss MEGA ZIPS, the world's ONLY underground zipline adventure tour! Featuring 6 ziplines nearly 100 feet off the cavern floor and two challenge bridges, MEGA ZIPS is 2.5 hours of adrenaline-fueled adventure! Though fun for the whole family, the kids will especially love MEGA QUEST, the only underground ropes challenge course in the world! MEGA QUEST features two levels and 76 challenge elements including mini-ziplines and rope walls. Explore at your own pace in this 2-hour adventure! Heights aren't your thing? No problem! Enjoy the jumps in our 320,000 square foot BMX & MTB MEGA BIKE PARK, explore the furthest parts of the cavern on our MEGA eBIKE tour, or enjoy a seated historical tour of the cavern on our MEGA TRAM.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing tour with chase and kevin.. They were funny and made everything super easy... And the sights you get to see are just breathtaking! Highly reccomend for anyone who likes to do different crazy things!

Write a ReviewReviews (9,797)
All reviews
in 789 reviews
"lines"
in 1,318 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had been to the mega cavern for the lights under louisville display (which is pretty good) but this was the first time for going in and seeing things. They have lots of family things to do. We opted for the tram tour, that lasts around an hour. Our tour guide was really cool and fun. The tour is a jeep that pulls two wagons (kinda like a hayride) and the guide talking, often stopping for things to see. The history and information were interesting. Most of the things inside the cavern were a little pricey (to us), but the tram tour was very reasonable (we thought).

1  Thank sunflowwer
Reviewed 4 April 2018

So, I have a fear of heights and did my darnedest (after the 2nd zip) to get out of it! Cairo talked me down and in the end I enjoyed the zip lining....well, the best I could enjoy it! Both Cairo and Nick were very supportive of my clear & present fear! We went with Grandpa, Grandma, me & my husband and two kids (9 & 11) and they all really enjoyed the zip lining. For anyone worried if it's safe or not I can give you my opinion that it seemed well constructed. I personally would prefer bigger platforms for take-off, but everyone else in our group were fine with them. There are two bridges you have to cross and they both scared the bejeesus out of me! My point...if I could finish the course you can too!

2  Thank simpsonmj
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My sister and I took our kids ages 7, 8, and 10. We ALL had a blast. They were helpful, safety minded, playful, and energetic. We did the obstacle course and the 2 hour zip line tour. Both were equally awesome but Q and Maverick made the zip line tour an adventure you must experience. Would definitely recommend!!! We stayed at the Hampton Inn downtown. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Plus their shuttle made getting around a breeze. It took us to supper and to Louisville Slugger the next day. One quick call and they are there to pick you up within 5 minutes. So convenient!!! :-)