“AWESOME TIME ZIPPING!!”

Louisville Mega Cavern
Ranked #1 of 194 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: While visiting Louisville, Kentucky, you won't want to miss MEGA ZIPS; "The World's ONLY FULLY Underground Zip Lines & Adventure Tour" featuring 6 Ziplines and 2 challenge bridges up to 2 hours of adrenaline or MEGA QUEST the ONLY FULLY underground ropes challenge course in the world! Mega QUEST is one of only twenty courses of its kind in the USA. Aerial challenge and ropes courses are the hottest new extreme sport in Europe where thousands of courses are located. For those wanting a lesser thrill, be sure to check out the MEGA TRAM a Historic Tour: Ride and never walk through a part of 17 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville. Learn about the geology, history, mining techniques, recycling, and green business technology. See where 50,000 people would have been invited to stay during the Cold War Era. The historic tram tour operates mid-January through October. If you are visiting us during the holiday season, be sure to check out Lights Under Louisville: The World's Only FULLY Underground Holiday Light Show. Drive through 1.2 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville, Kentucky as you see and hear the sights and sounds of the holiday season. Offered seasonally mid-November through December. The cavern is transformed into an underground holiday light show with more than 750 lit characters.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had an amazing tour with chase and kevin.. They were funny and made everything super easy... And the sights you get to see are just breathtaking! Highly reccomend for anyone who likes to do different crazy things!

Write a ReviewReviews (9,050)
All reviews
in 1,260 reviews
"mack"
in 460 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had been to the mega cavern for the lights under louisville display (which is pretty good) but this was the first time for going in and seeing things. They have lots of family things to do. We opted for the tram tour, that lasts around an hour. Our tour guide was really cool and fun. The tour is a jeep that pulls two wagons (kinda like a hayride) and the guide talking, often stopping for things to see. The history and information were interesting. Most of the things inside the cavern were a little pricey (to us), but the tram tour was very reasonable (we thought).

1  Thank sunflowwer
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So, I have a fear of heights and did my darnedest (after the 2nd zip) to get out of it! Cairo talked me down and in the end I enjoyed the zip lining....well, the best I could enjoy it! Both Cairo and Nick were very supportive of my clear & present fear! We went with Grandpa, Grandma, me & my husband and two kids (9 & 11) and they all really enjoyed the zip lining. For anyone worried if it's safe or not I can give you my opinion that it seemed well constructed. I personally would prefer bigger platforms for take-off, but everyone else in our group were fine with them. There are two bridges you have to cross and they both scared the bejeesus out of me! My point...if I could finish the course you can too!

2  Thank simpsonmj
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My sister and I took our kids ages 7, 8, and 10. We ALL had a blast. They were helpful, safety minded, playful, and energetic. We did the obstacle course and the 2 hour zip line tour. Both were equally awesome but Q and Maverick made the zip line tour an adventure you must experience. Would definitely recommend!!! We stayed at the Hampton Inn downtown. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Plus their shuttle made getting around a breeze. It took us to supper and to Louisville Slugger the next day. One quick call and they are there to pick you up within 5 minutes. So convenient!!! :-)