US$119
Hampton.com
US$124
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$179
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

US$116
US$105
Homewood
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$117
US$96
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

The Brown Hotel(Louisville)
US$189
US$161
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

US$140
Dupont Mansion B&B(Louisville)
US$159
All reviewstile floorsgold diamond membersbarn doordo not disturb signmaintenance mangreat hotelwalk in showerdefinitely stay here againmodern hotelshopping and restaurantsnice roombooked this hotelconvenient locationup to datebreakfast buffetbed was very comfortablewithin walking distance
Reviewed 17 July 2018

I’ll definitely stay at this hotel again if I’m the area. Perfect location for everything! Staff was beyond GREAT! I can’t think of anything bad to say about the hotel. Room was clean, bed comfortable, staff helpful. Nice cooked to order breakfast for Gold & Diamond guests.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Josh M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Mall of St. Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Trudy C,

Thank you so much for the feedback and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

During our recent visit to Louisville, KY we stayed at the newly constructed Hilton Garden Inn of St. Matthews. While it was a nicely appointed hotel, we were very disappointed with the overall treatment of our large group. We, the team managers and I, chose the hotel because it was on the “stay and play” list of approved hotels for the basketball tournament our team was playing in. We specifically liked the fact that the hotel was new, breakfast was included and there was a lot of communal space for group gatherings. However, upon check-in on Wednesday July 4th, we were told that food and beverages were not to be consumed in the lobby area prior to 10pm, after the in-house bar closes. Generally speaking “stay and play” hotels are used to handling large groups of teams. This particular hotel was clearly not. One thing teams tend to do is eat together in the common areas. Undeterred, we adapted to the policy by having our kids eat in the rooms that evening for dinner. The following morning during breakfast half of our team was not on the list of guests that were supposed to receive the included breakfast. The staff was not made aware of the fact that a large group was in attendance. The wait staff was confused. There was a lot of chaos with the processing of orders and the delivery of the food. We’d like to give kudos to Ms. Joyce for getting a handle on the situation that day and the days to follow. On Thursday, July 5th, some of our parents met in the lobby while our children were upstairs in the rooms adhering to the food/beverage policy. We witnessed a group of three women openly consuming Chick-Fil-A meals in the lobby prior to 10pm. These ladies ate their food without reproach by the hotel staff. The next day the hotel was becoming more crowded as more teams and a family reunion checked in. That evening after a late game, after 10pm, we allowed our kids to share a meal at some of the tables in the bar area. We received multiple disapproving looks from the staff. As soon as the team finished eating, at approximately 10:45, we had them retire to their rooms. We were with our children the whole time they were downstairs and we made sure the space was clean when they left. The next evening, around 8:00, some of our parents sat at the tables located outside of the hotel to eat. They were soon approached by the bar manager informing them that the policy is “no food and beverages are to be consumed in any of the communal spaces within the hotel”. They were told they could eat in their rooms. Our parents were upset but they took their food upstairs to their rooms. A little later I took it upon myself to go talk to the hotel manager about the matter. The front-desk staff told me there was no manager on duty and one could not be reached. I was directed to the senior person on duty whose name was Glover. From the onset Glover’s demeanor toward me was extremely negative. Before I could finish my complaint about how the policy had changed from allowing food and beverages in the lobby after 10pm to now no food and beverages being allowed at all, he interrupted me. He repeated himself several times, talking over me, saying the no food policy was “communicated to me upon check-in”. I informed him that I had been there for 3 days and that was not the policy I was told. The front-desk employee, Stevie, that actually checked me in witnessed the entire interaction. I asked her if that was what was told to me and she said “no”. She said her understanding since working at the hotel was that “guests can have food/drinks in the lobby after 10pm”. Her statement of fact did nothing to dissuade Glover’s attitude toward me. He never once apologized to me and in fact his tone was very accusatory from the beginning of our conversation. He told me that he talked to our team three times that day. I told him that our kids were upstairs in their rooms and he did not speak with any of them. There were multiple teams staying there by this time. There was no way for him to distinguish our kids from other teams and I did not have on any identifying clothing to denote which team I was with. He was clearly making assumptions and he was adamant on his stance. He proceeded to tell me not only was it the hotel’s policy but it was also that of the “Stay and Play” organization. He said I was given a handout detailing the policy when I checked in. I asked him to produce the alleged document. Astonishingly, he said “well, I haven’t actually read it but I know what it says”. I had Stevie produce the actual document I was given. It mentioned a quiet time of 10pm to be observed in the hallways. It did not note anything about eating in the communal areas. At one point I even said to him that I was very disappointed with the way he was coming across to me and “I can’t believe this is your level of customer service” to which he replied “yes, it is”. His body language was defensive and condescending. The family reunion that was there also complained about the situation. After my interaction with Glover, my husband and witnessed another family complain to him about not being able to have their team eat in the lobby. Glover apologized to them multiple times saying that he was “sorry the policy had been miscommunicated to them”. I found out later, from a staff member, that some other group apparently made a mess around 4am in the lobby. The general manager told the staff to enforce the new policy the next day.
Another issue we had was with the perceived safety of the hotel. There was a heavy security presence on the grounds. As a Hilton honors member, I stay at several Hilton properties throughout the year, this is the first day I have ever seen visible security guards on duty. There was one guard walking the hallways and another armed guard sitting in the lobby that periodically walked the perimeter of the building. It was off-putting to say the least. We also noticed a security vehicle circling through the parking lot throughout the last two nights we were there.
Needless to say, we will not be returning to this hotel and we will recommend it be removed from the “stay and play” list going forward. Several of our parents have asked me if they should post their complaints on TripAdvisor. I am advising them to do so. It was obvious that this hotel could not handle large groups. It has no business benefiting from the revenue produced by these families. Far too much money was spent to be treated so poorly.

Room Tip: Worst customer service I've ever had at a Hilton property
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business

Dear Tracey Y,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I apologize for the concerns you have stated and will address these with the team. When sports groups stay the meeting space is available with board games and card games so they have a space of their own, so I will follow up on this. Regarding security, the hotel is in one of the safest areas of Louisville but with the hotel being on the mall parking lot they do patrol it just like the mall parking lot. We want to allow everyone staying with us an enjoyable stay, no matter why they are in town and so the hotel does have one security person on site to help with this.

If you would like to speak more in person about this you are welcome to call the hotel directly and ask for me.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I’m a regular at many Hilton hotels and usually prefer the Garden inn, this place is one of the nicest and well equipped I have ever stayed. We were there for a funeral (a bunch of us) and they were great and so accommodating.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends

Dear MikeG03,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review. This is greatly appreciated and I will pass your comments on to the team.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

This hotel was chosen as a stay and play for a girls basketball tournament. It was not friendly to teenage guest. There was not common area that welcomed them. Also, they had security personnel in the common area and monitoring the hallways. It was veer off putting and something I have never encountered in a Hilton before.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Hello billied01,

We apologize for the concerns you had and we will make sure to address these with our team. Normally when the hotel has sports teams the meeting room is available with board games and cards so they can have a space of their own. As stated above , I will follow up with the team on this and with our security person who is on site to allow everyone an enjoyable and safe stay.

We hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future,

Reviewed 16 July 2018

The rooms are big, and very clean. Really nice place to stay, and all the employees were friendly and helpful. It is close enough to downtown, just a short drive. I would highly recommend staying here. It is beautiful. There wasn't outside noise that we could hear, that is a big plus for us.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Dear Lynn P,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We will make sure to pass these kind words on to our team so they know what impact they are making.

Hope to see you back soon,