All reviews expo center executive west blue horse cafe lifeguard on duty two sinks dog show freedom hall amusement park free shuttle louisville airport large hotel state fair shuttle service beds were comfortable churchill downs indoor pool up to date
Reviewed 30 July 2015

Mike Jeffries was extremely helpful, professional and friendly. He was precise in details of the floor we were staying.
He knew about the convention (General Association of Baptist in Kentucky) we were attending and extremely familiar with the hotel layout.

Most important he "looked professional" and was very approachable for information.

Checking in and Checking out was easy!

Shout out of thanks to the guy with the "big hair"!!!

Room Tip: Lower level was accessible to area's needed to attend General Association Baptist in Kentucky sessions! Floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled on business
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2015

Thank you so much for the great comments.. I have to admit, I had to chuckle when reading your comments, Mike is a great asset to our team and we are lucky to have him, needless to say he always looks and acts professional and his hair is always immaculate. Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to NC. It is a nice hotel, but the bathroom smelled a little like smoke. Also the pool was out of towels when we went swimming in the evening. It was a very busy night with lots of guests. It was easy to find and easy to get back on the main highways.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2015

Thank you for your positive comments and I am pleased that you had a good stay overall.
However, I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay, your comments have been passed on to our concerned staff.

We hope to see you again soon.
Jshake@cplouisville.com

Reviewed 28 July 2015

The Crowne Plaza was a nice place to stay. Our bed was more comfortable than most hotels. Our room was clean and in good condition. The pool was unique shaped. Location is good. Staff was helpful and outgoing.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2015

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

Stayed here last year and it was great. This year, it was substandard at best. A prepaid room now gets you a windowless dungeon with one chair and no amenities. Bathtub didn't drain and shower barely worked. Maid service was spotty. Had to call for towels and toilet paper. We paid much more than last year and got much less. Will not return.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank William L

Thank you for sharing your feedback . We are very disappointed to read about the overall condition of our rooms and sorry we fell short in meeting your expectations in this area. I can assure you that this was a rare and unusual incident and not indicative of the very high level of service which we are known.

We do hope you will consider staying with us again,

Reviewed 27 July 2015

I took my family here as our main vacation. It is across the street from Kentucky Kingdom. I chose this place over other because of all the beautiful pictures and also they claimed "Queen" size beds. I had to book 2 rooms. The rooms had double size beds although the staff claimed they were Queen size. NOT! There were kids everywhere. I don't know if it was summer camp or what. Every time we went out...they were everywhere...and NOT supervised. We went to the pool to relax...it was horrible. I imagine there to be 100 to 150 younger children with few adults. Because the area is enclosed...the noise was horrible! It was far from relaxing. Next time, I will stay at a cheaper place. There was NO refrigerator either. Wifi worked well and it was convenient to Kentucky Kingdom. But other places have shuttles too. This is the worst experience I've had in ANY motel. NOT recommended! When I told the front desk about the problems...they had words negating everything I said...they weren't concerned.

Room Tip: Nowhere! Teenagers and young children everywhere!
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2015

We appreciate your candid feedback from your stay at the Crowne Plaza Louisville. While we never want to hear that someone's stay is less than perfect, we always appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests on what we can do to improve our services. Please accept our apologies that we were not able to exceed your expectations.