“Soothe Your Spirit”

Weightless Float Spa & Wellness Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are Weightless Float Center, located right in the middle of the NULU, Highlands, Butchertown area. Weightless offers flotation therapy (a.k.a sensory deprivation, float tanks, R.E.S.T.) Come relax, rejuvenate, and refresh your body and mind here at Weightless. Floatation Therapy is a relaxing and luxurious way to melt away stress. Floating is becoming an increasingly popular destination spa retreatment. There are few day spas that both men and women can enjoy together, especially so close to downtown Louisville. What is it? Floating in a super saturated solution of Epsom salt, the water frees you from the sensation of gravity, temperature, touch, sight and sound. Floating is extremely effective at calming the mind, easing pain in the joints and muscles, which greatly accelerates our body's ability to heal itself from the rigors of modern life, such as stress, lack of sleep, intense workouts, jet lag, and more. Float therapy works wonders for relaxation and recovery, but can also provide chronic pain relief, boost creativity, and leave you with a euphoric afterglow that can last for days. Soon you are so relaxed, you can't tell where you end and the water begins - you feel like you are levitating. This triggers the release of endorphins, your muscles and spine loosen (almost zero gravity!) and you just experience extreme peace and clarity of thought. It's just you, exploring and experiencing your own mind, while the salt soothes and detoxifies your body. Come check us out :) Its a wild experience! The deep relaxation state achieved allows the body to recover from stress. The weightlessness of the salt water allows for Pain relief in your muscles, joints, lower back. Blood flow is stimulated through all the tissues, natural endorphins are released, the brain gives out alpha waves associated with REM sleep and meditation. Many athletes like to float for its healing benefits for sports recovery. Plus, It just feels good. Benefits: Stress relief Muscular pain Chronic pain Fatigue High blood pressure Migraine headache Jet lag Anxiety Insomnia Back pain Depression Pre-menstrual tension Post-natal depression We offer a large yoga space for before and after your treatment, massage, and much more.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What an experience! I had been on the road for the last 30 days before my time at the Weightless Float Center. As soon as I stepped into the space, it felt like home. I sense of relief and calmness filled the air. It was a serene area where your mind can be let free. The float itself was out of this world! It was my first time and was a little nervous prior to my arrival, but the staff and center itself levitates it all. Absolute tranquility. I recommend trying it with their own Kentucky grown CBD oil for the ultimate float! Thanks again, guys!

Reviewed February 8, 2018

I am in love with the infrared sauna! I don't always make time for myself to float for 90 minutes (even though I know I should) so the 40 minutes I spend melting in this sauna will do the trick for in-between-maintenance. I can tell a massive difference in my muscles, skin, and also my mental clarity after using the sauna at Weightless.

1  Thank Morgan W
Reviewed September 5, 2017

On a weekend camping road trip, my fiance and I travelled from Pennsylvania to the Great Smoky Mountains and up to Louisville. After all the hours in the car and sleeping on a hard surface we were feeling stiff, sore, and groggy. We'd never floated before and were somewhat apprehensive about being in a quiet, dark tank for 90 minutes.

Walking into Weightless was an immediate comfort. We were given detailed information about what to expect and all of our questions were answered thoroughly by the kind, informed staff.

I spent the first 20 minutes of my float adjusting, breathing, and getting used to the feeling of what I imagine floating on a cloud must be. At first I kept the lights on in the tank, but eventually turned them off after I was comfortable. All of the pressure on my joints and muscles melted away and I lost track of time entirely.

When 90 minutes was over, lights automatically turned on and jets slowly brought me out of a deep relaxation.

The shower after floating brought be back into my body -- this time feeling blissful and light. After floating I waited in the lounge for my fiance and doodled in the guest book, inspired by the glowy-feeling in my body and mind. That night I slept deeper and sounder than I have in months.

The next day we were recharged enough to drive 12 hours in the car back home without achey bones.

Since I am a commuter, I'm going to be looking for a float place near me and make it a part of my routine. I am able to sleep much more soundly and feel mindfully alert after having the experience of being truly weightless.

1  Thank Robin Z
Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

This was my second time floating at Weightless Float Center and again I was "wowed"! Understanding what to expect really helped me enjoy the experience even more than the first time. It's a must do if you're in Louisville ! One thing that really struck me was that people who run it were very informative and gave many helpful tips that add to your enjoyment of the Float. The place is also very clean.