“Perfect Park - A Must Visit”

Dr. Thomas Walker State Historic Site
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of the first white explorer to travel through the Cumberland Gap.
Reviewed 13 June 2015

This was a gem of history tucked in a beautiful setting. The park was one of the best maintained that I have ever encountered. The park employees are friendly and very proud of their park - and it shows. If you have time and can get there it is a very relaxing place. I would highly recommend that you make it a picnic destination. The kids will love it. Simply one of the best - a must visit.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"park"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

This is a nice place to stop and picnic. It is well-kept and worth the time to stop. Stopped here on Labor Day and there was NO crowd. Good place to relax and enjoy the beautiful bliss of nature

1  Thank OTravelingTraveler
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This was by far the cleanest, nicest state park that Ihave ever visited. The grounds were manicured like a golf course and the staff was accomodating and very friendly. The park manager introduced himself to us and he was so knowledgeable and extremely friendly. This is a great place to take the family for the day and just chill, grill and relax. AWESOME PARK!!!!!

4  Thank KentuckyMulligan
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I love the putt putt, the baseball field Basketball goals. It brings out the kid in me.

3  Thank debbie_kj
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My family and I visited Dr. Thomas Walker State Park a couple of weeks ago and we had an awesome experience that will never be forgotten. This park was so well maintained, by far better than any other park we have visited. I personally met the park manager, Andy Teasley, and I told him that this park was beautiful. He thanked me for nice comment and after we talked for a few minutes, he informed me that he was an ex golf course superintendent and he believed in taking care of the grounds. We spent several hours there and we grilled out and the kids played all afternoon. We also saw 11 turkeys and 3 deer during our visit. This park is worth visiting and it is beautiful :)

4  Thank smitty_1971404