“Just meh”

Koi Sushi & Steakhouse
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Description: We prepare the sushi in variety of ways, cooked, fried or raw. We also featured many Japanese noodle dishes. There is a tantalizing selection of menu items from the hibachi grill with steak, chicken, and seafood or the hibachi combination . We have a kid’s menu as well.
Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

We went there at an odd hour and they weren’t very busy, also they seemed to just have a couple servers. Nicely decorated, tidy and nice sized tables. Server checked on us right away, but after that it was slow. The first whups was the mix on the pop carbonation was WAY WAY off. It was like drinking straight seltzer haha. We mentioned it to the server abd she seemed dubious that that was even a thing. So hubby ordered a beer. Server forgot and we reminded her when she brought our salad and miso soup. She brought an enormous glass tankard of draft beer with a price to boot. Next thing is I got my sushi, hubby’s steak wasn’t done. So we enquired about the appetizer we ordered and server got a blank confused look and couldn’t remember that we ordered an appetizer. I mean I told her and she repeated it but whatever. She offered to go get it started but no point right?

I finished my sushi before hubby’s steak came out- seven nigiri and one California roll. Hubby’s steak was overdone but isn’t it always? The whole two shrimps on his plate were rubbery. I ordered a salmon roll and an eel roll. They all tasted fine. I think the eel had had to be fresh cooked because it was quite warm.

The raw sushi fish was not quite as cold as it could have been though and it was kinda limp. I’m sure the temp was fine, it had no fishy smell- but I like it real icy cold- then I know it’s not been out of the fridge long.

I would probably have ordered another roll but the server ran up with the ticket and left it. No ‘can I get you anything else’ or such though she was just as nice and polite as could be. Still left a decent tip.

Still I think I would try a different place next time.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (3)
Reviewed 14 March 2021 via mobile

I wasn’t expecting much when we decided to try this place for sushi but it was surprisingly good. Clean and nicely decorated but didn’t look like traditional Asian decor. Great service. Tempura was delicious and my husband enjoyed the sashimi.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 30 January 2021 via mobile

I have been here several times, great food and service. Sushi it well prepared and presented. Hibachi dishes are great. I loved the Lobster and Filet! The staff is friendly and attentive.

Date of visit: January 2021