“Awesome food and cheap eats”
Review of Zeke's Island Cafe

Zeke's Island Cafe
Ranked #8 of 313 Restaurants in Davenport
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is my new go to place when I visit the Quad Cities. I visited this place by chance earlier this year. Everything I’ve tried on the menu is great. You get a lot of food for the price. Great value.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stopped in for lunch, the food was very fresh, unique, and quite affordable. Interesting place for the QCA, will definitely be back!

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

Recently ate at Zekes for lunch with my husband. He ordered some type of bbq pork with rice. His bbq was pretty good and had that smoked taste you look for in good bbq. I on the other hand had some sort of chicken and rice dish that was far from impressive or just not meant for my tastebuds. My husband liked the flavor of my dish but I was not a fan! I do plan on going back and trying more food. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the island drinks were delicious.

Reviewed January 7, 2018

We, my wife and I, stopped in toy Zeke's for lunch (12:30 pm). We were immediately able to find a table. The restaurant was mildly quiet but filled up shortly after we arrived...but the environment was always very comfortable and upbeat. Zeke's has a bar with seating, several TV's and also a long row of tables with a few booths to the back of the restaurant. Older building with exposed brick look. Very nice.

We started with an order of of the Hawaiian nachos. They were excellent (corn chips, cheese, cilantro, green onion, pulled pork, bbq sauce, and I believe a hot sauce or tyne bbq sauce was spicy- they give you a choose of spicy or not). We polished those off quickly.

Our server did a masterful job of answering questions about the menu (our first time here). She even brought me a sample of the Spicy Peanut Chicken. I ordered the spicy peanut chicken and it was very, very good. Mildly spicy, plenty of peanuts and a wonderful sauce. Wife ordered a Caribbean Jerk Taco and a Crispy Shrimp Taco. She loved them both. I tasted the jerk chicken. These folks know how to do jerk.

Portions are large.

Service could not have been better. Our server was conversational and I noticed that the other servers were interacting well with their tables. All the staff seemed happier than average.

Will definitely be back.....when we can also enjoy their interesting drink menu.

Reviewed January 6, 2018

Found this on YELP classified as Caribbean food. Since it was below zero outside, we decided if we could not be in the Caribbean, we would eat Caribbean. I had the jerk chicken taco and shrimp taco. They were superb! The place is not fancy, but the food is great! Will return if given the opportunity. Don't let the neighborhood fool you. You may think you are not in the right place, but you are.