All reviews bowling alley bathroom mirror martini bar bix bistro historic hotel beignets mini bar the lower level the quad cities modern amenities downtown davenport barber shop jazz brunch main lobby fabulous hotel art museum hotel bar
Reviewed 5 March 2017

I wish I could give this five stars. I wish I could say I would come back. However when both of got up and were sore from the crummy bed you just can't think of staying again. The hotel room is lovely. Lots of nice touches. Great linens. Oh I forgot the crummy pillows. All hard.

The lobby is beautiful and grand with a nice looking bar. You can go downstairs to their bowling alley! What a wild feature. They have a spa (hubby is convinced the hard beds are to drum up spa business LOL).

Location was is in walking distance of lots of restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Jacob H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Good afternoon Beanie333,

Thank you for your review of your most recent stay here at Hotel Blackhawk! I am very sorry to hear that your stay was less than expected. I do want to let you know that we will have a new hotel opening this coming summer of 2017, and I do hope you will give us another try in the future. On a different note, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our on site amenities, and I highly recommend next time you are in town, to visit our Bix Bistro as we have a varied menu that changes from time-to-time.

Thank you again for your review, and thank you for choosing Hotel Blackhawk!

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

This hotel was absolutely beautiful. Our family was here to attend my daughter's dance competition and everything, eventually, was great. I don't typically leave mixed reviews, but I always leave honest ones. We booked months in advance and I called to explain my concerns with getting an allergy friendly room seeing as it is a pet friendly hotel. My son and I have severe allergies and I was concerned about staying. The lady at the front desk assured me that we would be put into a room that had not had an animal. I took her at her word and decided to book here since the proximity to the theatre couldn't be beat.

Upon entering our room, I was immediately wowed by the decor. It was beautiful! Unfortunately, within 5 minutes, before my husband even arrived up from parking the car, my son starting coughing and complaining of an itchy nose. Signs of allergies. I looked around the room and along all edges of the floor was a lot of animal hair. I called the front desk and she apologized and said an animal hadn't been in that room for a while. I said that may be, but the cleaning staff didn't do a great job vacuuming around the walls then. She apologized again and immediately moved us to another room. This one was clean and beautiful. Problem fixed.

The kids relaxed and used the pool. It was extremely warm, which was great because it is February. We had time at night, so we decided to head to a hockey game across the river. My husband decided to check his bank account and the hotel had charged us for two nights, plus an additional $200 for incidentals. When checking in, my husband informed the front desk we may check out in the morning (I also made two previous phone calls to confirm this was ok to do without penalty) and also said he would be paying with a different card than we booked with and asked if she needed it. She said no, because nothing was being charged until check-out. I then called and was told that was a mistake and it is always customary to charge the full stay and the incidental fee. I have stayed at dozens of hotels and have never been charged until check-out. If we had been told that at check-in, we would have immediately given the other card for payment. It left us angry because that money was taken from our checking account. There was no apology offered over the phone, we were just told it was customary and whoever checked us in misinformed us. In the morning at check out, my husband asked for a printout incase the money was not returned and the woman at the desk apologized for the misunderstanding. Our money has since been returned, so it all worked out.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to stay again, just next time I will be more aware of their policies as I have never experienced this before.

Oh, one more thing, the cafe in the hotel, Beignet Done That, was amazing! I highly recommend the mini beignets and the egg muffins were great. Very cute place!

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Jacob H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Good evening luvmykids2,

Thank you for your recent review of your most recent stay here at Hotel Blackhawk! I do want to apologize for the issue with the pet hair in your room and I can assure you I will be addressing this issue with our housekeeping staff. I also do want to apologize for the inconvenience that the accidental and room charge caused. I do know that it is a policy, however i do realize how much of a headache it can be at times. On a different note, I am very happy to hear that the rest of the stay was up to your liking, and that you were able to visit Beignet Done That. The Beignets are definitely a crowd pleaser, and I would highly suggest trying one of our coffee drinks as it is made with Gevalia coffee which makes it smooth and not bitter. Once again, I do thank you for your review, and thank you for choosing Hotel Blackhawk!

Reviewed 21 February 2017

I stayed at this hotel for one night in February. The room was well appointed and very comfortable. The linens on the bed were high quality. The bathroom had both a tub and a shower. It also had a make-up mirror and a TV in the regular mirror. Very cool. There were plenty or outlets, a mini-bar and a nice desk area.

Room Tip: Some of the higher rooms have a river view. Stay away from the street side if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
Jacob H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Good morning bletournea,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at Hotel Blackhawk! I am very happy to hear that you not only enjoyed your stay, but your room was to your liking and very comfortable. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for your review and for choosing Hotel Blackhawk!

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Came back for another visit. This time Valentine's Day. Wanted to make this a very special celebration. This is the place. Just such a classy, cool hotel. Service is impeccable. Treated like royalty. Had a small glitch with our room door lock. Moved us to a bigger more luxurious room. Indeed memorable.

Room Tip: If you smoke ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple

Good morning HOTROD37,

Thank you for your review of your most recent stay here at Hotel Blackhawk! I am very happy to hear that you not only returned, but that you had a memorable experience. We look forward to your next visit, but until then, thank you again for choosing Hotel Blackhawk and for your review!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

One of the best hotels I've stayed at. They are always kind and willing to help out with any request. They are also more than willing to pick you up and drop you off while staying at the hotel. Rooms are always clean and in working order for the most part. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank azmann75
Jacob H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Good afternoon azmann75,

Thank you for your review of your most recent stay here at Hotel Blackhawk! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service. We look forward to your next visit, and thank you again for your review and for choosing Hotel Blackhawk!