Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 06/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
BestWestern.com
FindHotel
US$89
SAVE US$10
PricelineUS$99
Hotels.comUS$99
Expedia.comUS$99
All reviews long branch taco bar great place to stay pool area is business or pleasure the breakfast area great room hot tub up to date clean rooms pleasant stay in town very nice hotel staff was friendly lounge skywalk gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 May 2015

Motel is like a Budget 8, no pen in room, no bill under door, toilet paper holder is behind the toilet, no hand cream, no USA Today paper, the orange juice was like water, no coffee cream, coffee had no flavor, no hot choc.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2015

Mr. Sweet, I apologize your stay was less than satisfactory. We take pride in providing exceptional customer service and it seems we failed you during your stay, We do keep hot chocolate packets in the breakfast café by the hot water. We do not put the USA Today in front of your door but they are available at the front desk and in the breakfast café. I'm not sure I understand the comment about the toilet paper holder being behind the stool as we have just installed new granite vanities and they are attached to them on the side of the stool. I am sorry your room was missing the pen, we do have them in the rooms with the note pad and I'm sure this was an oversight on the housekeeper's part. I truly like it when guests share their experience with us good or bad at check out so we can correct any guest concerns at that time. Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 20 May 2015

I really used to enjoy staying at this hotel. Unfortunately, my last visit on May 13 was very disappointing. There was difficultly with the key passes working properly. The water pressure was poor and the blankets were soiled. There were flying bugs in the room. I spoke with Kathy L., General Manager, about my stay and she advised me that I should have discussed my concerns when I checked out. I'll select another hotel the next time I travel to Cedar Rapids.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank MsMaryAnnFlanagan
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2015

Dear MaryAnn, As I did with your daughter who also wrote a TripAdvisor review, I apologize for your less than satisfactory stay. When you called and I asked what I could do to make this stay right you said you didn't know what did I think. It is our policy to let the guest make the decision as they were the ones inconvenienced and we don't want to further offend them. I did explain had I known about your concerns earlier it would have been easier to address them. I never want a guest to leave the hotel with bad feelings. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 May 2015

We came in last Wednesday (May 13th) for a funeral. We found spiders in the room, no Kleenex, stains on the comforter, low water pressure due to the new Eco-friendly shower heads and I had cold water Thursday morning when I showered. The continental breakfast - I bit into an apple that was brown. I called Kathy, the manager at the Long Branch and she was NOT accommodating. We were running late for the funeral so we did not mention any of these things at the time of check out. This room ended up being $150 (and change) for the night. To top things off she said I would have gotten a better rate calling directly than calling the Best Western toll-free number. She did not offer any compensation for our stay.

Room tip: Tip: find somewhere else to stay - you'll save money and have a nicer room
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Molly S

Dear Molly, I apologize again that your stay was less than satisfactory and that you feel I was not accommodating. When I spoke with you by phone I indicated I would have to have your mother call me as it was her credit card that paid for the room and I would be unable to adjust a credit card without her permission. Our staff prides itself on exceeding guest expectations and it seems we failed during your stay. Had you brought to the staffs attention when you checked in the concerns with the soiled blanket etc. we would have gladly moved you to another room. The reason I indicated a lower rate would have been available had you called the hotel direct is we know how stressful it is traveling for a funeral and we offer a bereavement rate for those guests. Thank you for taking the time to give us some valuable feedback.

Reviewed 18 May 2015

We recently had a great stay at the Best Western PLUS Longbranch Hotel and Convention Center in Cedar Rapids, Ia. We had stayed at another area hotel the evening before and did not have such a good experience so we were very pleased with the friendliness and competence of the Longbranch staff. From check in to check out they were willing to go above and beyond to make sure our needs were met and we had a positive experience. The beds in the room were very comfortable, it was quiet, and very clean. The room itself had a nice flow to it and things were convenient and east to find/operate. We were traveling with a dog and the staff made sure to put us in a room that made taking him out very convenient and made sure we had everything we could possibly need. Each interaction we had with staff from front desk, host in the restaurant, to all of the housekeeping staff were engaging, courteous, and overall outstanding. We enjoyed our experience and this has become our go to hotel

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2015

Dear Jennifer, Thank your for your kind comments regarding the staff and facilities of the hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you and your wonderful dog again. We enjoy when our guests bring their pets to visit us and yours was truly a treat. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 May 2015 via mobile

My family had received a call about a family member being in the hospital, so we booked with this hotel under the impression that this hotel was a really good one. We also had to bring our dogs with us. The day employees placed us in the floor in which they usually put flight crew members, but the lady took our cell number and said if something happens she would call us. Two days into the trip, we spent most of the day helping the family member get situated at home after coming home from the hospital. When we got back, the night manager, Bill, calls us demanding we make our dogs shut up or he was kicking us out. We never received a call to our cell phone and the night manager was stating that it was illegal to leave your pets in the hotel room, even if their policy (on their website) has no such stipulation and we were never made aware of this so called policy when we checked in.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Kmnsmith

Dear Kmnsmith, I apologize for the problems you encountered with your stay. Our pet friendly rooms are on the first floor but as your reservation was made with Expedia we did not know you would be bringing pets until the day of arrival, by this time the pet friendly rooms were occupied. I also want to apologize for the night auditors abruptness, he was extremely frustrated with having to move other guests who were complaining about the barking dogs and he let his frustrations show with you. I did explain to him it is not against the rules to leave your pets unattended just not advised as they are in a strange place and may react differently to noise. Again, I am sorry your stay with us was not satisfactory.