All reviews parking garage children's museum starbucks coffee training institute fire pit in town brew pub great hotel our room was spacious train tracks special needs walk in shower tea bags restaurants and shops night manager staff was very friendly the check in process
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

So far so not good.... at 5:00 came to check in and room wasn't ready. I'll have to wait in one again and be late to my son's swim meet. Staff was apologetic but after a long drive way after check in time you should get in. Parking situation and signage to get in is inadequate as well. We stay in Marriott hotels almost exclusively.

Stayed: December 2016
Laura K, General Manager at Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dear Amy,

Thank you for your recent review of the Courtyard Muncie. We appreciate your comments as they are one of our best tools for maintaining our high standards of guest comfort and satisfaction. I am very sorry that you were unable to check-in to your room at check-in time. This is unacceptable and I have spoken to that staff to ensure that this is an isolated issue that will not occur again. Being a downtown hotel we do not have our own parking but are directly connected to a parking garage that is owned by the City of Muncie. We offer free parking passes to this garage to all of our hotel guests. We value your patronage to Marriott and hope that you will choose to be our guest again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

I decided to try out the new Courtyard Hotel in Muncie in October while visiting Ball State. It was the week after homecoming, so availability wasn't an issue. On previous visits, I stayed at a different hotel which was more budget friendly. The rate for Courtyard was reasonable and worth its price, given the amenities that were available.

There was free parking for hotel guests in the public garage which was right behind the property.

The hotel was modern, and clean. There were restaurants (no complimentary breakfast), but I didn't mind because I ate breakfast at Bob Evans and dinner at Outback which were both in town.

I stayed in a room with a King bed and a sofa sleeper. The bedding was beautiful and the bed slept wonderfully.

There was free Wi-Fi and I was able to watch Netflix on the television. There were more than enough channels to watch on cable as well.
We had a small fridge and microwave, a desk, lamps, etc.
The night stands even had places to charge multiple electronics!

The bathroom layout was nice.

I also liked the fact that the hotel employs people that are differently abled. (This was another reason I decided to try it.) The front desk clerk was a woman in a wheelchair. She was pleasant and upbeat. I saw several other employees that had different challenges. All were very professional.

I will definitely stay here again.

The only semi negative that I can say is that our room faced the railroad tracks and freight trains were constantly going through at night. The noise of the trains going over the tracks was not overly irritating, but it was a monotonous clank clank. The noise actually acted as a sound machine does -- I was able to find sleep because the sound was low and even.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Laura K, General Manager at Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and are glad you enjoyed your time here! We are all very proud of our brand new hotel as it is the first of it's kind in the country to house a training institute for individuals with disabilities. I am very happy that you felt the staff was very professional, they all do a great job for us everyday! Should you be back to the Ball State area in the future we hope you choose to be our guest again!

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

This place is newly renovated - Beautiful rooms and Great Service. The staff greeted us almost immediately upon walking through the front door. They have a Great Restaurant attached that serves Great Pizza. Love The Marriott

Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
Laura K, General Manager at Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear Bill,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at our brand new hotel. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff. The pizza at our attached restaurant, Thr3e Wise Men Brewery has become a favorite by many! We hope to see you back the next time you are in Muncie!

Reviewed 10 November 2016

A fantastic hotel. A must stay if you are in the area. The Three Wise Men brewery/restaurant is AWESOME. It is on the first floor of the hotel so you don't have to drive or walk.

IF you like really hot sauce, try the "MoFo Hot" sauce on anything. The salad at this place is as big as a manhole cover! I'll be back.

Room Tip: As for a suite.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
Laura K, General Manager at Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Dear Patrick,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and your meal at the Thr3e Wise Men. The restaurant is a favorite of many Muncie locals and also guests. We agree that the salad is delicious! We will be sure to share your kind words with our staff. Thank you for being our guest, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2016

We loved staying at this hotel! The hotel staff is all so friendly and welcoming. Our family stayed here for 1 night. We ate dinner at the connecting restaurant Three WiseMen Brewing company and really would love to eat there again. Our 3 kids loved swimming at the hotel pool! The outdoor fire pit is really neat too. We loved our breakfast at the Bistro as well. Our family really enjoyed learning about a Training Institute that is located in this hotel. The Erskine Green Training Institute is a wonderful opportunity for adults with disabilities and I highly recommend anyone staying at the hotel to learn more about what they are and do, it is the first of it's kind in the country! We can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Laura K, General Manager at Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We will be sure to share them with our staff. We are so happy you enjoyed all of our amenities and that you got the opportunity to learn about the Erskine Green Training Institute. We are so proud to house this one of a kind program in our hotel. Should you return to the Muncie area we hope you choose to be our guest again!