“Food was good, but needs a new dishwasher and please check the table for fully cleaned”

Hall's Tavern at Coventry
Ranked #13 of 815 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With an aura of Old Chicago, Hall's Tavern at Coventry invites you to come on in, slow down, and grab a beer. Tucked away and cozy, the dining rooms murmur with warmth, mellow conversation, and light that bounces in through stained-glass windows. Our menu appeals to any palate and beckons you to eat, stay, and be merry! Here, there's no rush, we're neighbors.
Reviewed July 1, 2023

Well it was rough start with a good finish here. I had some issues with this restaurant at first. I notice a speck of dried food on one of my fork, I stopped completely and will not eat off of dirty silverware...I do not know if it was just the set I got or the whole restaurant

Next, I tasted my lemonade, I do not know what that was...more like water with a lemon squeezed in it, I told my waiter to bring me a Sprite instead. then as I felt my table, it had a sticky feel to it. I immediately moved to the empty table next to me salad and drink and all. My waiter asked me what was wrong and I told him what I just wrote. He say I could use the new table silverware, which was better.

I ate part of my salad...a little dry for my taste but it was good. I ordered the crusted pecan chicken with wild rice and a baked potato. The food was great. This what saved this restaurant from a bad review from me.

IF the restaurant gets the cleaning and lemonade issue corrected I will give them a better review.

Date of visit: June 2023

Reviewed June 25, 2023

Ate here with some co-workers as we don't normally get together often.
We went early so we got a table promptly. Service was good and I thought the food was delicious.

Date of visit: June 2023
Reviewed May 1, 2023

This restaurant was very close to our Holiday Inn Express, so we could have walked. My friends have been here before and it's one of their favorites. While the food was good, the service was slow. My friend was in a hurry for a meeting and thought we'd be able to make it in time. Not to be, however. In all fairness it was very busy and there didn't seem to be enough servers. We sat at a table in the bar, so that could've been it, too. I did love my little burger sliders and they were delicious! However, the server had not asked any of us how we wanted our burgers cooked. Fortunately, they turned out ok. I liked the almost European ambience and the multi levels - reminiscent of trips to the U.K.

Date of visit: April 2023
Reviewed March 24, 2023 via mobile

Tavern close to the hotel we stayed at, making it very convenient. It looks like an old pub, dark wood, warm and cozy (it was snowing and windy). Sat at the bar and was waited on right away. I ordered a beer called Hoosier Red Ale by Quaff On. It was cold and delicious! I ordered a burger and it was a difficult choice as there were several delicious choices. The burger came with homemade fries and baked beans. Hubby had soup (potato) and a salad. My only complaint would be the bar stools, they needed a back. My back got tired as I had no support.

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed January 22, 2023 via mobile

Over the past several years we have often stopped here when in Fort Wayne for a prime rib sandwich in the bar area. That, the fries, and coleslaw are really good! However, the place needs refurbishing badly—holes in the ceiling, worn woodwork, dark and less than clean restrooms. Seems to be a popular place—spend a little money to spiff it up please!

Date of visit: January 2023