“Great place and great atmosphere”

Don Hall's Gas House & The Deck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lafayette / Spy Run
Description: Unrivaled but approachable, The Gas House is unlike any restaurant in Fort Wayne. Settled in a historic gas plant in the cored of our unique downtown, the character of the ambiance matches the top tier experience of each meal. With an easy swank and an open atmosphere, we're perfect for lunch, dinner, or leisure!
Reviewed June 12, 2021

Halls Gas House is the best of all Halls many restaurants. The food is well prepared,and hot and the service is very first class, the drinks are excellent and priced right. the Greek salad is great.

Date of visit: June 2021
2  Thank James W

Reviewed February 9, 2021 via mobile

Grant was patient and made my food the way I wanted it.

Steak was seasoned well and made the way I ordered it.

House salad was good and wings were crispy and tasty.

The macaroni and cheese was over cooked but it didn’t ruin my experience.

My coworker enjoyed his meal also.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed January 31, 2021 via mobile

One of my favorite restaurants in the Fort. Food is always consistent, this Halls has the best menu for sure as well. I eat here quite often, and did this weekend for lunch with my married daughter. We both love the crab cake appetizer which is the price of an entree and our favorite salad is the large beef tenderloin salad. Our only issue is they used to split these for us no problem and we asked for that to be done. The waitress said the kitchen doesn’t split salads and I mentioned they have and should. Especially I would think during a pandemic they would not make the customer touch another persons food and is quite difficult to do at the table. The food came out not split and the waitress said again the kitchen won’t split the food but here’s an extra plate and you can do it yourself. No appropriate service-ware was supplied for us to split it safely and we didn’t want to use our used forks so I asked for something clean to be brought out. Which she then went and got us two clean small forks, which was very hard to use on a large salad. My daughter may be in my small pod of people I’m comfortable being around but we don’t live in the same household. Let me add the restaurant was not busy, it’s not asking for something free or extra, it’s just a matter of customer service. We spent an appropriate amount for the two dishes and over tipped because of the pandemic. It’s not really that hard to plate an entree especially one that’s not hot on two plates ...

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed June 10, 2020

I had a meal here a few years ago, so I decided to try the Deck instead of the regular restaurant. I was seated quickly and was given a beer list. Problem is, my first three or four choices were out of stock! I finally had a Rhinegeist (brew out of Cincinnati) which I am familiar with. I was told the drafts are very low because of the warm weather. It was only in the 70s, so I can’t imagine how bad it is during the middle of summer! Why even have a deck?

I ended up ordering a sandwich which was overpriced, small, and mediocre. Service was also spotty at this point, almost as if I didn’t exist. On top of that, it rained lightly, and with no umbrella, it was a bit annoying. The seating is next to the St. Mary’s River, so be prepared for various insects and leaves coming your way.

The setting (minus the insects) is certainly there, but the rest needs work. I tried to grade on a curve because it hadn’t been reopened for very long, but they’re clearly not ready.

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed March 7, 2020

Hall's has several eateries in Fort Wayne and in our opinion, all are great but, the Old Gas House is the best of them all. The food is expertly prepared, the service is first class, the drinks are excellent and priced right, the ambiance is notable and the location to downtown Fort Wayne is the best in the city.

Date of visit: February 2020