Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
krlejeune
Iota, Louisiana

Gathering places available

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 24, 2019
This is our second stay at this property and it is clean and quiet and the staff is very helpful. I love seeing the families gathered around the fire pit or in the lounge area in the evenings. Kids on the basketball court or in the pool. Folks with their pets.

The free breakfast in the morning is very good with a variety of food options.
Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded Jul 31, 2019
Thank you so much for your kind review of the hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facilities. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
₱5,908
12.4 km from Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Wayne
  • Hyatt.com
13.5 km from Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Wayne
View more hotels in Fort Wayne
All reviews marriott brand third floor front desk clerk fireplace bedroom property sink wayne ft
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. First thing I noticed when I walked in was a bit of a musty/soured smell. Then when I walked across the tiled floor, I nearly slipped because the floor had a greasy film on it. Almost like the mop water was not clean. After cranking the ac and going out to supper, the smell was gone. Not what I am used to at a Residence Inn.

The thing that kept this from being a 2 star stay was the front desk staff and the breakfast area staff. They were very pleasant and the dining and serving area were kept spotless. Housekeeping needs to pick up their game though.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank JohnJ64
AngieW1505, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2019

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the room floor cleanliness. I have researched the issue with our housekeeping team. We have identified a cleaner that caused this issue. We have discontinued use of the product. Thank you for your feedback! We do hope to see you again, we are diligently working on the issues you presented to make sure our quality is at a superior level.

Reviewed June 17, 2019

This is usually one of our top choices when we are in town. Nice sized rooms, kitchen, good breakfast.

Unfortunately on this trip the hotel was packed. The pool is open late and some adults propped the door open to the patio area. So we had to listen to screaming children at play (sound amplified) until the pool closed. Not a good night’s sleep.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you, we did have a team staying with us during your stay. We are truly sorry for the noise you experienced during the time of your stay. Our staff is working hard to maintain low levels of noise from 9pm until our pool area closes. We appreciate you giving us this feedback on the noise levels. We do hope you will again choose our hotel for your stay. Please know we strive to provide a comfortable and relaxing experience for our guests and will be looking at this closer on our weekends.

Reviewed April 20, 2019

I stayed at this hotel for 13 nights for business.

The property is setup okay. There seemed to be adequate parking even though the hotel was oversold on the Sunday night I arrived. Although we arrived a few hours early, we were able to check in. Great.

As with most non-downtown hotels, there are multiple exits and entrances available with a room key. At this property they are on each end and also to a patio area. However, they almost never work on the first try and sometimes it took 4-5 tries before the door would unlock. This was the same pattern at all the entrance doors I used over 13 days. Very annoying.

The lobby is fine. There is a lobby area to the right with a fireplace, tv, couches and some tables that were also used for breakfast. There is a small area to the right of the check in counter where you can purchase snacks.

To get to your room is a little awkward. You walk down several hallways to find it. And there is only one elevator. The steps were on the far ends of the property so I didn't really see them as an option most of the time.

The room was the smallest available, but it was still larger than almost all other hotel rooms at the other major chains. The bedroom was in a separate room and the bathroom was attached to the bedroom. There was a small table in the kitchen area. The kitchen was a full-sized refrigerator, medium sized oven and cooktop, microwave and dishwasher.

In the living area of the room there was an L-shaped sofa, desk and tv. They all seemed to be fine. I did notice that all the lights were dim. I thought that was odd. All the outlets seemed to be working. The heating and cooling both seemed to be working as both were needed. The thermostat was off, but it still did the job.

The bedroom was where the problems really started. There is a small spotlight next to the bed. It was a nice touch and very handy for reading in bed. But the sheets were pilling. Badly. If my sheets at home were this bad I would throw them out.

The walls are extremely thin. I was also several stories above the patio area. There were many children there over the weekend. I could also hear people talking in the next room and heard noise from down the hall. So get used to the noise.

The bathroom sink area was fine. There were also some toiletries. The shower was a little weak, but it worked.

I had the room serviced twice over 13 days since I do not normally need anything. The first time was after 5 days. They vacuumed and made the bed. They did not change the awful sheets. They also did not replace any of the toiletries which were gone after 5 days. I was irritated, especially about the sheets, but not the end of the world.

The next day I ran into some housekeeping staff in the hallway. I informed them that none of the toiletries were replaced. I was about to tell them about the sheets when I was interrupted and told that I was speaking to the person in charge. Well... good. But that's it. No offer to do anything, just an "I am in charge" proclamation. Well that's nice.

Because housekeeping was no help, I used my own toiletries for the remainder of the stay and left the "do not disturb" sign on my door. Imagine my surprise when I returned to my room for my last evening only to find the room serviced??? That really bothered me.

Next was the wifi. I could not connect after a few days. I had to go to the front desk for assistance. Thankfully the clerk was the only nice/helpful clerk I met in 13 days. He called some support number and gave me the phone. They were able to get me connected, but I was told that it would probably not be available in a day or so because my reservation wasn't right?

After 6 nights I received an email receipt for my stay. But I still had 7 nights to go. I found out after arriving back home that I only received a receipt for 11 of the 13 nights. I tried to call the hotel, but no answer and then a hangup.

The bottom line for me is that it is great for a hotel to react to issues. Which this property did not do. It is better and a higher quality property to prepare for these issues in advance. For example, they had to know the sheets were awful. They could ask if there are any issues when you pass the front desk many many times over 13 days. I barely got a hello and most times I said hello and they didn't even respond.

So I would not recommend or stay at this property again.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
AngieW1505, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2019

Thank you for your very detailed review of the hotel. We appreciate your feedback. I am sharing this with our team to ensure a quality stay for our guests. Gina, our Assistant General Manager spoke with you on the phone regarding your survey. We hope that we have resolved some of the issues you encountered. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Please know you satisfaction is very important to us here at the Residence Inn. Thank you for choosing our location for your extended stay!

Reviewed March 24, 2019

We only stayed for one night here as a stop over. Comfortable beds, clean room, nice amenities. Very quiet, which was just what we needed. Pleasant check in staff. Check out not so much. The lights on one side of one of the beds were not working and the lighting in the room was kind of dark.
Would still recommend though.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and have looked at the lighting in the rooms to ensure the proper levels of lighting. We are pleased you enjoyed the other aspects of your room during your stay! We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to our area! It was a pleasure to serve you!

Reviewed January 13, 2019

There on business for a very quick one night stay and the hotel was clean and comfortable. I was on the third floor and there was a light right outside of the window in one of the bedrooms so if you are sensitive to light mention you do not want to be in a room with the light outside the window. I had a 2 bedroom (it was all they had available) and I slept in the room with no light and it was quiet and dark.

The breakfast was a typical Marriott breakfast - eggs, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea and toast.

Room tip: If you are sensitive to light when you sleep ask for a room with no light outside of the window
Date of stay: January 2019
2  Thank DebbyN40
AngieW1505, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2019

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Southwest Fort Wayne for your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with our housekeeping and maintenance team. We are working to correct the light you mentioned entering the room. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope you enjoyed our breakfast!Again, thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again!