All reviews vary nice a long road trip marriott brand stayed here for one night room was clean wear and tear in town would stay here again extra towels late arrival check in was quick i highly recommend this hotel within walking distance nice property hot tub first floor staff was very friendly
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Reserved two rooms. For some reason, the king room was available with points, but not the double. I used points for the one and paid for the other. When I went to check in, the system showed two king rooms. The hotel said they were out of doubles.

Marriott reservations said they could fix the issue, and by the time we got to the hotel, we had the right room mix. However, they king room smelled and was making my wife sick. The manager gave her a manager’s key and a list of open rooms so she could pick on that she liked. We landed up with a big double, and still got to use points for it.

Breakfast was typical for a Fairfield, though the eggs were actually a bit better than average.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Eric W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear KidDocDMC,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We would like to apologize for the reservation mix up and the condition of your first room. We are happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and enjoyed our free hot complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Fort Wayne!

Eric Wahrman
Area Director of Operations

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

My stay was uncomfortable to say the least and the customer service from management was beyond sub par. I'll start that I'd stayed at the location previously without incident and returned due to location.

For a Fairfield it was on the lower end of the spectrum to start but desk staff was kind. I'll mention that I don't ready breakfast there as its not generally out when I'm up, which is early. The pool and hot tub were not working and had some sort of issue that basically rendered it unsafe for use and closed them, unfortunate as I usually look forward to a swim after work, however not the reason for the poor rating, just dropped it a bit.

I stayed 3/13 to 3/16 and stayed in the same room throughout the duration of my trip, though was only in the room later in the evening. I can only assume that the lighting is insufficient, as the cleanliness was not where it should be on so so so many levels and resulted in my seeking medical consult & treatment after returning home due to allergic reactions as a result of my stay (please note I've never had such an issue at any other lodging institution previously).

Further still in communicating with the facility management and/or ownership does not seem to care about its clients and failed miserably at communicating, let alone getting to any resolution which i found very concerning. I should have taken the prior poor ratings more seriously. The manger doesn't even have a direct number or email for contact, which was very frustrating.

Such a bad experience I may add further details later, but I highly advise thorough verification and inspection of your room before accepting it. I travel to this area regularly but will not be retuning.

Support staff is kind and are sadly affiliated with this location and wish I could separate them out in the rating.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Eric W, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear D I,

Thank you for your review, and I apologize for your experience on property. Since you called the health department on us for your perceived violations, they paid us a visit, and we received a report with no violations. If you would like a copy of the report, I am happy to provide it to you. Additionally, we kindly ask that you seek accommodations elsewhere upon your next stay in town. Thank you for your understanding.

Eric, Area Director of Operations

Reviewed 14 April 2018

This is a marvelous hotel and we had such a nice time there.
Clean room, top notch breakfast, verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry very nice .
Great staff checking us in!
All the greatest!
Great beds, nice property- feels like home

Room tip: Great breakfast
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Eric W, Area Director at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Thomas S,

Thank you for the wonderful review on TripAdvisior. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your clean room, complimentary breakfast and friendly staff. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Fort Wayne!

Eric Wahrman
Area Director of Operations

Reviewed 3 February 2018

The hotel ios located right off i-69 and located close to restaurants. The hotel is clean and quite but I was on the 3rd floor and when I checked in they advised me the elevator was being tested and said we do have a room on the first floor if you prefer. It’s the little things that make is a great place and advised me where to eat as well. You cant go wrong

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Jeremiah H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Dear Jimmyk7527,

We appreciate your feedback about our staff foresight about the "little things" and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay.

Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Clean, convenient location, nice staff. Nothing out of the ordinary here, all the wonderful expectations of a Marriott affiliate met at this location. Equipment worked in the weight room (that's always a bonus), any my stay was nice and quiet.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Jeremiah H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Tim,

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay.

Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!