Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
eobert
Columbus, Ohio

Business stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 4, 2022via mobile
Hotel's Favorite
This property is ok. The hot-tub was not working but my room was clean and had a surprise complementary order of cheese sticks left by a past quest and not removed by house keeping. I didn’t try the bar or the restaurant. The lady at the front desk was very nice. This was a good stay. I would stay here again when in Ft. Wayne.
Date of stay: December 2022
  • Skyscanner.com
4.4 km from Holiday Inn Purdue - Fort Wayne, an IHG Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Fort Wayne
All reviews hotel is super clean directly across the street mastodon wayne ft
Selected filters
Reviewed December 3, 2022

This Holiday Inn left a lot to be desired. Traveled here for a band competition. Rate was quoted to give a discount for all those traveling from across the state for the band concert. Rooms were okay on size, but left quite a bit to be desired. First room we were given had a TV that wouldn't turn on. Was told try a new remote. Did and still wouldn't work. Then had to switch to a new room after we had already unpacked because the maintenance guy was off. New room the TV worked but the mattress on one of the beds was actually broken on one side so that if you sat on it you almost went all the way to the springs. No microwaves in the room pro ably due to the really high priced restaurant downstairs. No breakfast options at all unless it was a holiday weekend. Absolutely nothing. 1 microwave in the lobby that we ended up using. Took kids to pool on Friday evening. Hot tub that i was looking forward to was completely blocked off. Sign says pool open till 11. Police officer on staff (?) was sent in at 10 to kick us out because they had to shock the pool. Umm it's only 10?? Unlike every other hotel I have ever stayed in they actually charged the full amount when we checked in instead of when we checked out. Are they afraid people will run?? I specifically asked and was told they bill on check out. Only reason I gave it 2 stars was it was close to where we needed to be and was decently clean. Not a fan of this one.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Purdue - Fort Wayne, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2022

Hi C8339UPsusanw,

We appreciate you for choosing the Holiday Inn Purdue - Fort Wayne for your leisure stay.

Providing an excellent level of hospitality and cleanliness is our topmost priority. I would like to offer our sincere apology for the issues you encountered during your time with us. Your honest review is very important, and I will share this with our appropriate hotel team to take necessary action to prevent any issues from occurring in the future.

I hope we'll remain to be your dependable choice, as we promise to make your stay more memorable and exciting.

Yours in hospitality,

Melissa P
IHGService

Reviewed August 18, 2022

First, the hotel is super clean. Everyone is very helpful. I had made a reservation and somehow it was cancelled through a third-party, but MS. SHELLEY RANDOLPH came to my rescue. She truly made things happen for me and my child. There was a large sports tournament going on in and around the area and everything that was at least decent was booked. Ms. Shelley is wonderful!

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed July 19, 2022 via mobile

As a Platinum Member I always stay at Holiday Inn properties. And this property has been my usual “go-to” hotel for my frequent visits to the area. The most recent stay was my last. My room was never serviced during my 3 day stay. There was no longer a microwave in the room. Nor was there a desk or adequate lighting to work on my laptop. Breakfast was buffet only with mediocre food - however the biscuits & gravy were excellent. And the restaurant & bar are closed on Sunday, so you will need to find another place to grab a bite. The only bright spot was Kathy, the bartender, who has been there for years. I will be staying elsewhere on my next trip in a couple months.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Traveled solo
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Purdue - Fort Wayne, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2022

Dear Jeanne Z,

Thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting Purdue and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Pleasure having you as our guest.

I am very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary stay due to your room not being serviced and the quality of our breakfast. This is certainly below our usual high standard of service. Please be assured that I have noted and forwarded your comments for the management to improve. In the midst of the inconvenience, I am glad to know that the service at the bar was still appreciated.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
IHGService

Reviewed May 21, 2022

This Holiday Inn is in a very convenient location, directly across the street from the Coliseum, not far from a large mall and restaurants, and only a few miles from downtown. I checked in around 1, and my room was ready. It’s of average size, and clean. Bed was fine, shower was OK, and halls were quiet.

I did use the pool briefly which is of decent size. There is no spa. I didn’t eat at the onsite restaurant or bar.

There are several mastodons statues located on the property, as that is the mascot of nearby Purdue- Fort Wayne. A nice touch, but some of them have seen better days and need to be repaired or replaced.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed April 5, 2022

Hotel is definitely overpriced for what you get. Rooms are somewhat newer, but still feel out dated. 1 outlet on the lamps and by the bed stands. Most people, if you have a phone and a CPAP machine, need 2 outlets available. I sleep with my phone as my alarm, like most people. Restaurant service was sub-par at best.

Date of stay: March 2022
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Purdue - Fort Wayne, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2022

Hi Tim S,

Thank you for letting us know about your visit to Holiday Inn Purdue - Fort Wayne. Our hotel is the best place to strengthen your family bonds.

I read your remarks and was surprised by what you described. I am sorry for the issues during your stay. I understand this is not what you expected from a quality chain like ours. I shared your comments with our local area managers and took action to avoid events like this in the future.

I hope you allow us to serve you on your next trip.

Regards,