“Brisket never disappoints!”
Review of City Barbeque

City Barbeque
Ranked #9 of 291 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: The idea for City Barbeque was born as an invitation to all the people in the city to enjoy great barbeque- America's food. Our award-winning barbeque is made with only the highest quality meats and served with our signature sauces on the side. Huge smokers are loaded daily to guarantee the very best hickory smoked, juicy, tender meat anywhere. So if an authentic barbeque experience is what you're after, look no further. Small groups of folks like us still believe in honoring quality, generations of tradition and true service. Whether you call it barbecue, Bar-B-Que, BBQ, or barbeque - we've got what you are looking for!
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Stopped in to pick up a sandwich to go. Line wasn't too long to place order but it seemed that the family of 3 ahead of me had difficulty making up their minds on what they wanted which slowed the rest of us waiting down. Placed my order, provided our frequent eater club number & waited for my to go order. The kitchen was really busy. The large brisket sandwich ($9) was so tender & delicious. You just can't seem to go wrong with that choice. The sauce just enhances the flavor! At City, you stand in line to place your order, then wait for it to be called when it is ready, then you can sit at your table. This restaurant does not come wait on you at your table.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We usually go to the Fishers location, but we were nearby and got the rib special, $1.25 per rib on Tuesdays. We brought them home, they were very lean, but somewhat dry, and had to be ripped off the bone, somewhat dry and tough. However, they were still tasty.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Ate here with my wife. The lines to order and get food were a bit long, but not unreasonable, wait. The wife absolutely loved her ribs. I had the pulled pork sandwich which not hot and a tad dry, but otherwise not bad. The sides were very good. They do have a good selection of food. Dining area is fairly pleasant.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Came here for a meal to celebrate something and was so disappointed. I go here once a month but maybe wont be anymore. Ordered 1/2 slab of ribs. They were dry and hard to chew. Put more barbeque sauce on them and that didnt really help (and should have to either). Nobody ever came to ask how things were like other area restaurants do. Had baked beans (always good) and green beans that were only luke warm and not so tasty like they used to be. When I picked up my food they called it and just left it on the counter. I thought maybe I heard it was mine and asked but they were "too busy" to answer (with only 7 tables seated in the whole place) so I checked out the tray of food sitting there, determined it was mine, picked it up and said "Thank you" twice - with no reply. Hmm. Not normal for them. For just over $20. I could get a better meal somewhere else I think. I'm saddened by this experience and quality of food. Luckily Carmel if full of competitors to go to.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I don't eat pork, but I can barely STOP eating the brisket and chicken options at City Barbecue! Their food is well-prepared with porkless options for sides (thanks for that!), not to mention yummy desserts. I've never had anything less than a great experience at this location. Also fantastic to order in advance and pick up dinner on the way home from work!