“Great Pizza”
Review of King Dough

King Dough
Ranked #17 of 361 Restaurants in Bloomington
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

I came for dinner after the IU and Wisconsin football game. Everywhere in town was jam packed, including King Dough. I was lucky to find a stool at the pizza prep bar. Nikki was taking care of me and kept my iced tea full. She was great. I ordered the Big Boy pizza. It arrived about 10 minutes after ordering. Really nice given how busy they were.
The pizza is cooked in a wood fired oven. Looked like they were using oak. The dough comes out crispy and chewy with a touch of char on the bubbles. Really good.
The decor is all hard surfaces so it gets loud. They had TVs showing active ball games. Modern pizza art is on the walls.
They have an extensive beer menu and serve wine as well. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

This is not your ordinary Pizza Hut. It is a hipster casual restaurant in a college town and so it must offer creative recipes. The three of us ordered two pizza pies to share and that was sufficient for a group of not starving folks. We had the H Bomb (goat cheese and more), which we all liked best, and the Brooklyn Baby, which was a tasty mortadella variety. The pie crust is thin except on the edges where it is puffy; so each taste is served. The service was prompt but not pushy. The beer drinkers liked the types on offer. A large bowl of marinated olives for an appetizer arrived heated; I think the flavors would have settled better if they were chilled so I didn't really care for them. I'd like to go back and try some different varieties. A pleasant restaurant.

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

Came here with a friend and had the Margherita pizza which was superb. For dessert I had the seasonal pumpkin gelato which was perfectly creamy and tasted wonderful. Strongly recommend King Dough!

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

We were seated quickly. The drink order was satisfactory and then we waited and waited. They comped the drinks but what we thought would be a relaxing lunch prior to a late afternoon lunch turned into a scarf it down once it got there. It was good and they gave us certificate for a free pizza but being out of towners we will have to find a student to give it to. We will give them another try if we are in the area again.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

There are lots of ok pizzas in Bloomington, but this one surpasses all. Just like eating in Milan! Salads are large and excellent and beer on tap is reasonably priced.

Been to King Dough? Share your experiences!