“lots of seating, big menu”

Mother Bear's Pizza
Ranked #3 of 361 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Mother Bear's, we have established ourselves as an icon of the Bloomington, IN community and welcome many students, alumni, and local residents into our restaurant every day. Customers are welcome and encouraged to bring a Sharpie to your name on our wooden booths. Our unique dining environment also features an eclectic collection of local art. We are best-known for our traditional pan pizza but also offer sesame-seed thin crust and deep-dish options. All three choices are made with our homemade dough! Not in the mood for pizza? We also offer crisp salads, hot sub sandwiches, wings, and pasta dishes. To complete your meal, try one of our warm, homemade brownies. Ordering for carry-out or delivery? Try our most popular deal: the Munchie Madness! A 10” one-topping pizza, an order of breadsticks or cheese bread, two homemade brownies, and a 2-liter bottle of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Dr. Pepper, or Mountain Dew, all for $12.95! We also serve beer and wine with many selections from local breweries. We are consistently named the Best Pizza in Bloomington by Indiana Daily Student Poll, and People Magazine named us one of America’s Top Nine Pizzarias! Whether you're new to Bloomington or just stopping for a visit, please stop by to enjoy what we have to offer!
Reviewed May 22, 2016

was here last night with a large party. Cheerful, helpful wait staff. Greek salad is my go-to meal here, to avoid all the carbs and calories (although I did steal some of my husband's amazing Jerk wings!)

Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

Haven't had pizza this good in a long time. Few gluten free options. Would love them to import Udi's pizza crusts, to taste all the grateful selections.

Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

As a Bloomington resident, I will say I've never had a bad meal at Mother Bear's. The pizza is good and I enjoy that they put Goldfish crackers on their salads. The best pizza-related item is the pesto cheese bread. You can't go wrong with that. My favorite pizza is the margarita. Which is your basic pizza of that type. My one complaint is the Divine Swine. Most people love it because it's a lot of random pork products thrown together into one pizza. However, I've found it to be overwhelmingly porky and far too salty. In fact I find it gross in the amount of salt and grease involved. Otherwise, I love this place.

Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

Tried this place since it was #2 on Trip Advisor. Did not disappoint. Great pizza and the salad was good. I got the Dantes inferno and my son got a bacon and pepperoni deep dish. Both where the lunch specials.

Reviewed May 16, 2016

Mother Bear's is an institution in Bloomington, Indiana - it was 35 years ago when I was a student at IU and still is today. The pizza is excellent and the beer choices superb. If you are ever in Bloomington this should be a definite stop on your itinerary.