“So tasty So meaty but So pricey”

Janko's Little Zagreb
Reserve with OpenTable
Janko's Little Zagreb is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 377 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th & Morton
Description: Janko's Little Zagreb is the place for the best steaks in the Midwest. Located at 6th and Morton in downtown Bloomington, Indiana, Janko's Little Zagreb has been the home of tender, thick, daily cut steaks and an impressive selection of fine wines and beer for over 25 years. Open Monday through Saturday for dinner, Janko's Little Zagreb also serves excellent fish entrees and top-notch St. Louis-style barbecue ribs. Vegetarian meals are also available. Reservations are accepted and encouraged, and the atmosphere is casual and lively.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The title says it all. You CANNOT find a better steak in town. The so-called steak houses are just not anywhere near the level here. We have been here as a family about a dozen times. I've never had a less-than-stellar steak here. It's a great place to go for special occasions. HOWEVER, they are so darn expensive. If they'd come down a little, we'd be there a lot more often. Of course, the quality so good that they fill the place anyway, so what do I know? I consider myself fairly good at the grill, but these guys are masters.

1  Thank jellyrulestheworld

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The steaks were expensive, but top-notch cuts so pricing was within range ($25-$40). The cheese platter was an excellent assortment for the appetizer; fresh baked - then grilled - rolls were also a strong point. The potato & salad were average. Service was friendly and efficient. I am told that this restaurant is something of a Bloomington institution. Nothing fancy by any means, kinda' crowded seating, and don't think you're getting inside without a reservation. I would definitely go back if in the area; hubby states that his steak was one of the best ever. I had the kabobs and just wish they were a bit more seasoned with some rice instead of the potato.

1  Thank cheryltasses
Reviewed 8 May 2018

With planning, we were able to secure a reservation here for graduation weekend. Even with a reservation, prepare to wait. We anticipated the wait and were seated in a reasonable amount of time. We were a party of 6, 4 out of 6, the steaks were great! Unfortunately the tough steak fell to my 80 year old, picky parents and I never heard the end of it all weekend. We still do enjoy this place, it has a casual college town feel. Expect a LOUD dinner but we like it. Our waitress was very attentive despite the crowd and it was a nice celebration of our graduate.

1  Thank Laurie S
Reviewed 7 May 2018

If you want anyone at your table to hear what you are saying, you need to speak up. We were here this past weekend for IU graduation. The food was great but the noise was unbelievable! I don't think I've ever heard such a LOUD restaurant - and I hail from NY. It took away from the celebratory aspect of our meal. We were there to congratulate my grandson on his graduation and we couldn't even talk to each other. The tables were jammed together and the waitress stepped on my foot about 10 times during our meal. Like I said, Food is great but noise level is annoying, frustrating, and downright unacceptable. Three star rating is due to the volume which takes away from the whole experience.

1  Thank Jet Gal
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

This was my third time being here and i was, again, semi-impressed. We had reservations here for Graduation weekend and weren’t seated until 35 minutes after our Reservation time despite being there early and being threatened with a $125 cancellation fee.

The food is great and all, but way overpriced seeing as they order all of their food through Sysco. The dining room was extremely loud and noisy and the furniture feels like it was picked up out of a dumpster!

The side door into the kitchen was wide open the whole evening which is very unprofessional for a restaurant with such high prices.

The volume of business was absurd seeing as the restaurant was allowing tables to sit and chat for an hour after their meal(while 30 people or so were crammed in the corner by the door watching everyone eat and waiting for their table, POOR SETUP!)

The service was extraordinary though, which is the only reason this place has such a high reputation. But she had to yell the entire night because it was so loud and so chaotic. This place is way overrated and way overpriced for the experience you get and the hassle you have to go through to get a reservation.

This place is overrated, over-priced, poorly ran, nothing special, and above all, not worthy of the money you’re gonna spend. Get a different(bigger) location and get a new manager that knows how to run a restaurant!!

1  Thank Maamun A