“Excellent beer selection”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not a better place to find a beer. Clean. Good service. Wasn’t crowded on sunday evening. Prices fair. Parking on street. Food available, but we did not eat.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

We stopped here to get out off the pouring rain during a day trip to Bloomington. What a great place to happen upon! 21 and up on a Sunday lunchtime? I'll take it! I got a beer flight which was excellent, and the menu had a lot of good options, but I settled on the black bean burger. YUM! The place had a laid-back great atmosphere for watching sports and hanging out with friends. Wonderful college-town watering hole.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

Stopped in to check out the huge beer menu. If you are an IPA fan the selection is a bit less than I had hoped, but I made my way through quite a few affordable pints anyways..

Reviewed September 25, 2017

My daughter and I hit The Tap for dinner on a Friday night of parents weekend. It was packed so we sat at the bar. We ordered beers along with tap fries (seasoned fries with four different sipping sauces... really good) and a cheese pizza that was really good (and I'm from Chicago!). The servers are polite, quick and efficient. As a beerhead and a brewer, I liked their selection of beers including some that they brew themselves, apparently. I had their Vienna Lager (called Brickyard) that was quite nice a style of beer that you don't see in the US very often. Thanks for dinner guys!

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

2nd time visiting The Tap and unfortunately we were extremely disappointed. Felt rushed to make a beer selection, choose a beer that tasted like chili pepper (burning hands I think) and couldn't stomach more than a couple of sips. Asked the wait staff if I could exchange it for something else and was told "sorry, but we can't do that, you should have asked for a sample." I now know that I should ask for samples.

I thought I might order a different beer, however, our waitress was MIA for the next 20 minutes. Ultimately we had to flag down another waitress for water and the final check.

I really want to like this place but it needs to be run in a way that treats the customer like a customer. Instead, as a 53 year old, I felt like I was being treated like a college student trying to scam them of a beer.

Enter at your own risk